Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applequestions

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
Is Apple stock projected to give good returns for 2007? I've owned the stock for the past 7 years and I've been really happy with the high returns. Will the stock continue to yield decent returns, if not as high as they've been?

Thanks.

DTphonehome

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2003
NYC
Is Apple stock projected to give good returns for 2007? I've owned the stock for the past 7 years and I've been really happy with the high returns. Will the stock continue to yield decent returns, if not as high as they've been?

Thanks.

Of course, the standard disclaimer applies: Past results are not a prediction of future earnings.

But, 2007 looks to be the year Apple makes the Great Leap into the living room with iTV, and potentially have an iPod-like product in the iPhone. The halo effect continues to boost sales and marketshare (especially on college campuses, which will turn into lifelong Apple customers). The new shuffles and nanos are selling like crazy, so I would expect big earnings for 4Q 2006 (plus, analysts love to hear "x million iPods sold", even if it's only the $79 model).

I've been holding AAPL, and I don't plan to sell anytime soon. Apple may turn into the 21st century version of the 1980's Sony (ie, consumer electronics giant).

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
I've held AAPL for nine years. Every time I think I should bail (or sell at least a major chunk), I've found a reason to hang on a little longer and for the most part, been happy with the decision. The next year could be a tough one, though -- the sales of iPod aren't growing like they were in years past, and for reasons that have always eluded me, the markets don't much care about Apple's Mac sales numbers, unless they're bad. I believe Apple needs to release another blockbuster consumer product for 2007, or investors are going to be hugely disappointed. It could be a killer mobile phone, or the TV box. I'm a little nervous, but my hand isn't hovering over the "sell" button yet!

jhu

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2004
I've been holding AAPL, and I don't plan to sell anytime soon. Apple may turn into the 21st century version of the 1980's Sony (ie, consumer electronics giant).

and in a few more years they'll also turn into the sony of 1995-2006. it seems in the tech industry, companies have their spotlight for a while, and then it fades away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.