Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rekras

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2001
NJ
lol, i knew there was somethan about that guy. wouldnt be suprised if his devil tail pops through his suit at a keynote or somethan. heh

that means steve jobs must be a prophet

voicegy

macrumors 65816
I'm the tooth fairy

Yes, it's true. If you add up all the letters in my full name, divide the number by 6, fart sideways and cough twice facing North, you will see flying tarts that have the face of the Tooth Fairy on them. That's me.

The secret's out. NOW can I have an avatar?!?

Six

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2002
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
All too erie... I cant prove this, because I dont have excel, but it is kinda odd.. i almost wonder how in the heck someone would find all of this with the big process

Geert

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2001
.be
Kill Gates

hihi, I like the the feature you can use in the terminal, when you type bill Gates' name.

I hate his stupid windooz versions , Apple and Steve should rule the Computerworld ;)

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
AHHHH!!!

Originally posted by Ensign Paris
yes bill gates is evil, but without evil would Apple ever stolen Xeroxs gui idea?

:)

I dont mean to burst your bubble, but Apple bought the GUI from Xerox. Xerox was using it to connect all their machines. Xerox had no big use for it, so Apple proposed an offer to buy it...

Just thought I'd let you know:p

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
last time i spoke to woz about this he said apple paid to see the computer but then nicked the idea.

history from this period is very mixed due to jobs personality and other factors. normally i think woz tells the truth so i believe him.

it may be that xerox thought that but it was not apple intention.

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
and of course, don't forget that Bill Gates is a 33rd level freemason, controling all major world politics...

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
Yep.

He is evil. Pure evil.

You know I wonder, what will happen to MS when Bill Gates kicks the bucket? Or maybe he won't. They'll keep his brain in a jar and he'll rule from <spooky_speak>beyond the grave!</spooky_speak>

Matthew

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
Re: I'm the tooth fairy

Originally posted by voicegy
The secret's out. NOW can I have an avatar?!?

Yeah, I've got mine all picked out! Just 450-odd more posts!

Rough.

Matthew

crassusad44

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2001
Scandinavia
Re: AHHHH!!!

Originally posted by Mac_User

I dont mean to burst your bubble, but Apple bought the GUI from Xerox. Xerox was using it to connect all their machines. Xerox had no big use for it, so Apple proposed an offer to buy it...

Just thought I'd let you know:p

Don't think Apple paid for the GUI, but paid to see the GUI, like Ensign Paris hinted in his post.
BUT, some important info. Apple might have gotten the idea of a GUI from Xerox. They saw a GUI, but no source code, and did not know anything of how to build it. Almost all of the original Mac OS, was a 100% Apple invention. Microsoft, on the other hand, knew everything about the Mac OS, when they started the Windows project (hey, they wrote many of the first Mac apps, remember). Apple might have gotten the idea from Xerox, but they never stole anything, while Microsoft on the other hand........

Hope this clears it up! :p

moby1

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2002
Sunny San Diego
It's unfair to say that Apple steals.

I did some research on the GUI origins and Apple was working on very similar stuff to Xerox's before they visited Xerox. Apple also dealt openly with Xerox.

Microsoft did not deal openly with Apple. MS was in a trust position and abused that trust to hurt Apple.

Let's not keep spreading this rumor around.

p.s. Bill gates is NOT evil ... evil is Bill Gates.

Xapplimatic

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2001
California
It's in the cards...

One word: Sindows.
Two words: Inhell Inside.
Three words: Plug and Pray
Four words: "Developers, Developers, Developers, Developers!"
Five words: Dude, you're getting a Hell!

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
good one voiceguy! tarts! heh!

well i hope the person who created that site was joking because its all rubbish..pure rubbish... i mean heck I agree Bill Gates is wicked but he is definitly not the anti-christ as the creator of this site purposes. now if it is a joke then ..ha ha...got a laugh out of me...however if this is serious then I must say the creator of this site does not understand basic christian theology.

heres the rebuttle...

the person whom that revalation verse is talking about is the anti christ..whose name adds up to "six hundred threescore and six"...(whom the creator of this site says is Billy boy) hah! now the real anitchrist is not showing up till after rapture. the anitchrist will have his way prepared by the false prophet both of whom not only control the economy and world but also religion.... and I dont think Billy there controls religion..at least not yet! heh.
not saying he cant but I dont see it happening.

well, my mac friends, there is the sunday school lesson for the day... even if you didnt want it. sorry for possibly goin on about "religion" in which i know most mac users try to stay far away from...i believe. so, sorry if i annoyed you.

bill is still evil.

Spock

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
Bill Gates is realy a evil supercomputer from 2nd dimension bent on enslaving the human race.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.