Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

antoinecharles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2016
Hi All

I have my new seo website. As it's a new website it does not have that much of traffic and ranking in search engines. For ranking good in search engines it is always necessary to have quality content in my website. But some of the SEO experts also advice me to have blog updates daily in website. For blog updating i daily need fresh content and the work burden also increases. I want to just ask can be add blogs on weekly basis or daily blog posting is essential?

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2015
Depends on what your subject is.

If your site's subject is all about SEO or Apple products of course you have to add content frequently and be very active on your site. Those topics are very trendy and popular.
But if you're a local barbershop and you have your own website, your competition probably isn't that steep or difficult to compete with because your focus should be on the people in/near your city searching for a barbershop.

You can check this very easily. Just type something you'd like to get ranked for in Google and press Return. Now view the search volume.
If this search volume is below 150.000 results I'd say, it's pretty easy to get listed near the top. If this search volume is more than 300.000 results it will get more difficult and a general rule of thumb is not to expect get listed near the top in the first 2 years because you simply can't compete with this older more popular sites ranking for this keywords.

Of course you can plan for the long term and try to get ranked on the bigger picture.
If you're selling iPhone cases it will be very difficult to get ranked for iPhone 6 cases with a brand new site because the search volume is about 200 million results. But you probably can get ranked for terms like: iPhone 6 [brand-name] blue plastic case. That's a five word search term and probably only gets about 250 thousand results so the competition ins't that difficult.
Of course not a lot of people will search with 5 keywords in Google but still you'd see a few hundred or a thousand people will do on a monthly base. If you can get a percentage of that volume you're still growing.

nightcap965

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
Cape Cod
I used to blog daily. Trying to get back to it, but there's so much life in the way. (The happy man does not keep a diary.) I still write a godless sermonette every Sunday, though.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Hi All

I have my new seo website. As it's a new website it does not have that much of traffic and ranking in search engines. For ranking good in search engines it is always necessary to have quality content in my website. But some of the SEO experts also advice me to have blog updates daily in website. For blog updating i daily need fresh content and the work burden also increases. I want to just ask can be add blogs on weekly basis or daily blog posting is essential?
It's a new website. What ever gave you the idea that you would have high volumes of traffic? Have you advertised? Do you have a large following on social media that you're using to promote the site? Is there anything on the site worth visiting the site for?

DUCKofD3ATH

Suspended
Jun 6, 2005
Universe 0 Timeline
Hi All

SEO is something you should write about weekly. It's a good time and subject to be blogging since Google is turning SEO upside-down.

One thing: don't be tempted to leave the date off your posts to make them relevant for long periods of time. I ignore blogs that do that because it's a form of cheating the readers.

Reactions: 960design

jibingeorge

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2020
No,it’s not necessary to regularly post on your blog. You have to make a weekly or bi-weekly plan to post content on your blog. There are few things that you need to follow before writing a content for your blog.

First of all, Keyword Research
Your content should be unique
Your content should be high qualitative
Great keywords placement
Keywords density
Use shorts Paragraphs

atmenterprises

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2006
No,it’s not necessary to regularly post on your blog. You have to make a weekly or bi-weekly plan to post content on your blog. There are few things that you need to follow before writing a content for your blog.

First of all, Keyword Research
Your content should be unique
Your content should be high qualitative
Great keywords placement
Keywords density
Use shorts Paragraphs

They probably had their questioned answered four years ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.