Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WillMak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
I currently have a 13 inch tv in my room that is less than stellar. I'm interested in watching TV on my 19 inch LCD and have herad of great reviews for eye tv. Would eye tv work smoothly with my ibook (12 inch 1.33G4)? What resolution would I be watching te tv at as well? I don't have cable so I would just be watching regular free public channels with it.

warrior

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2005
it depends which eyetv you want to get (btw they just came out with a nice new small USB powered pocket sized one called the eyetv ez) the eyetv 500 is HDTV which will probably use up all your CPU power when watching. Do you just want to watch or record also? the eyetv 200 is regular broadcast tv, but it probably also uses most your CPU power. and then theres the eyetv wonder which is just for watching tv, but you have to plug it into the wall for power. I would go for the new one that just came out (the EZ), and it should work fine on your ibook. I tried out an eyetv 500 on my 1.67 powerbook and i was just barely able to surf online or chat while watching a HD program.

what is span hack?

WillMak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
I don't plan to use HD tv. Just regular antennae tv is fine for me! The span hack is hooking up an external monitor with an ibook. It splits the memory to 16 mb for each screen so I don't know whether that will be a problem or not. Can the eye tv ez record as well?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.