Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ch1ptune

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 5, 2014
Im a heavy user of FaceTime and was so excited about being able to quickly switch between devices when on a FaceTime call. I usually use AirPods and I switch between my MacBook Air M2 and my iPhone 14 Pro. But I have yet to experience this feature actually working. What happens is either that I can’t hear the other end or that the person on the other end can’t hear me. Then we hang up and call each other up again, only this time the call is only going through on one of my devices or, if it actually rings, there’s no audio.

So after a painful few minutes I have to force quit the FaceTime app on my Mac and then try again.

What a complete mess. I mean, have they actually tested this? Is it working for anyone at all?

Reactions: stbrown

stbrown

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2010
I have had the same experience as you. I try to move a facetime audio call from my Macbook Pro 14" to my iPhone 14 Pro Max. Of the 4 times I have tried, it moves the call but I can't hear anything.

I have to hang up and reconnect

Reactions: ch1ptune
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.