Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Antony Abdelmalak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2020
i planning to get ipod to listening music in running but now i see to have iphone se 1th generation
it is backup phone also
is that a good idea
also i can use it for reading serving internet and reading
i do not use my phone for gaming or taking photos
i need mp3 with high quality hearing and put in my arm
i am afraid from replacing battery in future and parts

Last edited:

!!!

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2013
If it fits all your music and connects to your headphones, it's no different than an iPod. Replacing the battery might even be easier given the more widespread support of the iPhone 5/5s/SE type models, plus it's easier to open.

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
It depends on what kind of iPod you were looking at in the first place. IMO, any iOS device is not a suitable replacement for a click wheel iPod unless you do some tweaking and customizations, but even then I prefer click wheel. If you were just looking at an iPod touch then there's really no reason to choose a touch over an SE at this point.

Saturn007

macrumors 65832
Jul 18, 2010
I have both an IPT 6G and the original iPhone SE. The SE is hands down the winner... especially in terms of battery life. Turn on WiFI with the IPT and watch battery life vanish! On the SE, you barely notice a change.

Also, the SE handles multiple apps better. (Probably has more built-in memory, that is the RAM used when running apps, not storage.)

In the IPT's favor are a couple of things... it is thin, lightweight, and easy to hold in the hand, in bed, to read. The SE is noticeably heavier and more awkward.

The iPhone SE will also give you a backup phone capabilities...which is something you mentioned. You could even set it up as a Pay as You Go phone (say with ATT or Tracfone) and pay only $7-9 a month. That way if you are out and about, you'd have it.

Oh, and the iPhone SE also has a better built-in speaker. It's easy to listen to podcasts while exercising in the house. Put the phone on the table nearby and crank up the volume.

A final consideration. If you already have an iPhone (sounds like you do), why not just use that?! My iPhone SE is my phone and it's always kept in my pants pocket... OTOH, if you have one of those massive phablet phones, then the SE will work better when you out and about running!

Reactions: Antony Abdelmalak

Antony Abdelmalak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2020
I have both an IPT 6G and the original iPhone SE. The SE is hands down the winner... especially in terms of battery life. Turn on WiFI with the IPT and watch battery life vanish! On the SE, you barely notice a change.

Also, the SE handles multiple apps better. (Probably has more built-in memory, that is the RAM used when running apps, not storage.)

In the IPT's favor are a couple of things... it is thin, lightweight, and easy to hold in the hand, in bed, to read. The SE is noticeably heavier and more awkward.

The iPhone SE will also give you a backup phone capabilities...which is something you mentioned. You could even set it up as a Pay as You Go phone (say with ATT or Tracfone) and pay only $7-9 a month. That way if you are out and about, you'd have it.

Oh, and the iPhone SE also has a better built-in speaker. It's easy to listen to podcasts while exercising in the house. Put the phone on the table nearby and crank up the volume.

A final consideration. If you already have an iPhone (sounds like you do), why not just use that?! My iPhone SE is my phone and it's always kept in my pants pocket... OTOH, if you have one of those massive phablet phones, then the SE will work better when you out and about running!
have phone option not important to me
does ipod touch 7th generation be better than iphone se 1st or 2020
in battery and wifi
for buying iphone and ipod expensive in Egypt
they add extra money double the price or more than other country
low price in iphone se 2020 may be 535$
low price in ipod 7th 370 $

as i will get it from ebay so

ipod 7th will be 220$ to deliver Egypt
iphone se 2020 will be 370 $ or more
also i will just read pdf when i listen to music
no gaming or heavy duty

so go for iphone se 2020 or ipod 7th g

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.