Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 22, 2018
France
Hello there

I am very concerned by all the posts I read here about that horrific iOS 13.

I understand people comes to this kind of forum to get help on issues, but still the amount of people and the variety of bugs is shocking: battery drain, CarPlay, Bluetooth, Mail, screen, Messages, network and others I must forget. It feels like Apple Devs are coding with their feet.

What is wrong, seriously?

Anyway now I’m reconsidering buying an iPhone 11 Pro even though I have the money.

I have a 6S and I skipped iOS 11 totally.

How would you explain such widespread & very different bugs & how do you cope with them?

Are there other people reconsidering buying a new iPhone because of that?

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
I have a XS Max and haven’t had any issues with battery drain, messages, Bluetooth, CarPlay, don’t use the mail app so don’t know about that one.

A lot of people come on here to complain. Noting new. That shouldn’t keep you from buying a new device imo.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
No. iOS 13 has tons of new stuff and it could use a bit more polish and optimization. iOS 11 had a harder performance hit and lots of underlying issues while 13 seems to have more surface level bugs. iOS 13 seems it was a bit rushed for the deadline and has good potential it just needs a little more work.

This is my opinion of course. You could easily not notice or run into any issues at all.

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I had battery drain issues with the 7+, Notes problems, though reminders worked for me. WiFi seems a bit slower to connect. Other than those things, I really like iOS 13, particularly Dark Mode. If you're concerned, just wait a while before up update; I'm sure that these problems will get cleaned out eventually. There are some minor annoyances but nothing anywhere near bad enough to make me regret updating.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
I dont care what anyone says about a release. I am always running whatever is the newest be it beta or standard release. There have been bad times over the years but you find a way to deal with it and move on, it will be fixed at some point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.