Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soundsystem00

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2016
So I have a Galaxy Note 10+ and I got an Anker power brick and stand-up wireless charger. The fast charging works perfectly.

I just bought an iPhone SE2 and love this thing. It is so portable and compact. It's great for "just a phone" and runs carplay much better than android auto. That's probably the main reason I switched back to iPhone as my every day phone. The note will still be around though, without a doubt.

Anyway, I talked to Apple about it but they seemed a bit unsure. I have a feeling that this phone will need a specific brand to get a wireless fast charge, if even possible.

The charging has been very slow, it feels slower than even using the lightening cable without power brick.

Any suggestions or answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced. Stay safe.

Attachments

• IMG_0306.JPG
    IMG_0306.JPG
    390.4 KB · Views: 336

tim.engen

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2017
Yes, reviews show SE2 supports 7.5W fast charging. iOS 13.1 limited fast charging to pads that use the fixed frequency method.
7.5w is not fast charging they can call it that but it's not. 10w isn't even fast Charging. Your better off using the Cable the phone comes with them wireless charging

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
18w fast charger works as it should on my SE... 50% in around 28 minutes.
Also my wireless fast charger works quickly too. But not timed it.

If you want them to work properly, use the Apple fast charging (higher wattage) bricks with the wireless chargers rather than the crap that comes supplied which is often only 5w or 7.5w.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Don't think it has fast charge at all, I tried the 11 Pro USB C cable and plug with mine and it didn't ding twice.
I've tested and people have said official tests show SE 2020 maxes out just short of 13W. Same test for Pro Max is in the 18W range. Although I guess it probably still hits 50% in the same 30m since the battery is like half the capacity.

soundsystem00

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2016
Hmmm some mixed opinions here. I believe it though. I still think I can get a much faster wireless charge than I am currently getting! Apple recommended belkin.

I have a ipad pro 3rd gen power brick in here, I might hook that up to the wireless fast charging stand I have by anker and see if that brings me any luck!

The good news is that this is an outstanding phone despite the mediocre battery life. :)

BuggyGT

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2019
For wireless charging I dont believe Apple ever raised it higher than 7.5w. Their support article has been updated to include the new SE 2nd generation however there is no mention of fast charging for wireless.

Christopher Kim

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2016
Yea there’s 2 different points here I think.

Wired fast-charging with a USB-C / PD-capable charger. The new SE seems to be able to do so Per above.

Wireless charging - no Apple iPhones can do the “fast-charging” that android phones can (10W or 15W). They are limited to 7.5W wirelessly.

Aratim

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2020
So I have recently read some reports about reservations regarding Fast Charging with the SE2020.
Did any of you make bad experiences regarding battery life? It seems that some people go down from 100% to 95% (lifetime) quite fast with the 18w adapter. I just bought an 18w adapter (original) but am not sure if I should use it.

Frankras

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
So I have recently read some reports about reservations regarding Fast Charging with the SE2020.
Did any of you make bad experiences regarding battery life? It seems that some people go down from 100% to 95% (lifetime) quite fast with the 18w adapter. I just bought an 18w adapter (original) but am not sure if I should use it.

I Got my SE 2020 3 month ago and use apples own 18 watt charger and my is still at 100%.

To the story is that I from time to time use the 5 watt charger ( Apple charger) as well.

Frank

Reactions: Aratim
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.