Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Biibo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2017
Is the full paid iphone x t-mobile from apple store unlocked at any gsm carrier ?

Coreless apples

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
Long Island
Is the full paid iphone x t-mobile from apple store unlocked at any gsm carrier ?

If purchased through Apple at full price the phone is already unlocked. I purchased a 64GB X T-MOBILE version, shut it down swapped sims and it worked with Verizon. Gotta love Apple.

Biibo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2017
If purchased through Apple at full price the phone is already unlocked. I purchased a 64GB X T-MOBILE version, shut it down swapped sims and it worked with Verizon. Gotta love Apple.
And it will work internationally with any sim ?

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
And it will work internationally with any sim ?

I'm on AT&T and purposely preordered the T-Mobile variant from Apple (paid in full), as it was the only variant that didn't run a carrier verification and I wanted to save the precious few seconds during the preorder process. When I received the phone, I swapped the T-Mobile SIM with my AT&T SIM before turning the phone on. Needless to say, it works perfectly.

In November, my wife and I were in vacation in Spain, where I bought a prepaid SIM on Vodafone ES and used it without any problems.

Reactions: Biibo

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
From what I recall it is missing the non-LTE bands so LTE would work but if you are out of an LTE area it will drop completely. I've been wrong before though. :)

No, you're correct. The T-Mobile/AT&T variant is missing the CDMA bands, but will work fine on LTE.

Biibo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2017
I'm on AT&T and purposely preordered the T-Mobile variant from Apple (paid in full), as it was the only variant that didn't run a carrier verification and I wanted to save the precious few seconds during the preorder process. When I received the phone, I swapped the T-Mobile SIM with my AT&T SIM before turning the phone on. Needless to say, it works perfectly.

In November, my wife and I were in vacation in Spain, where I bought a prepaid SIM on Vodafone ES and used it without any problems.
so there is no carrier verification or nothing ? all i have to do when i get the phone is to pull out the tmobile sim and put my sim ??

regkilla

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2013
California
You're better off getting the Sim-free or Verizon iPhone X. It works on Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and every other carrier. AT&T iPhone X is locked to AT&T. T-Mobile iPhone X doesn't work on Verizon.

Biibo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2017
You're better off getting the Sim-free or Verizon iPhone X. It works on Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and every other carrier. AT&T iPhone X is locked to AT&T. T-Mobile iPhone X doesn't work on Verizon.
But the t-mobile is gsm unlocked right ?

cyclingplatypus

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Earth
This is one of those YMMV but I ordered an att variant through IUP, instead of activating it with the new sim that came with it I placed the att sim from the 6s+ I was upgrading in the x. I was curious after I set it up, put in a non-att sim and it worked - not locked to att.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.