Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tbluhp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
I bought my computer back in Jan from iOffer.com I don't think I have receipt anymore :( bummer but is it good idea to get it covered like if it broke would it get coverd by anyone i was thinking either Safeware or state farm's.

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
It can be covered under your home owners/renters insurance in case of fire/theft. But you do have 1 year AppleCare warranty already, no receipt needed. Probably the cheapest method would be to purchase the extended 2 year AppleCare as it will more than likely be cheaper than your deductible, if applicable.

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
but shop around for insurance quotes , some charge more to cover a Mac then they do covering a pc even if the pc would be more expensive to replace

iGrant

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2006
Ridgeway
For coverage of parts/etc, I been going with SquareTrade for all my electronics and have been really happy with them, just got the hinges on my Macbook Air replaced, it took 5 days total.

Also I think I have custom policy for my computer equipment on my home owners insurance to cover more than the basics, I think I have like 5 for all my computer equipment.

-iGrant

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.