Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elhamshabby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2023
Is it beneficial to opt applecare+ service with mac mini m2? Please guide me

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
I say, "no".
The Mini has been one of the most reliable Macs over the long term.
There's not really that much that can go wrong with them.
And... they just sit there on the desk, usually towards the back...

bkkcanuck8

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2015
In the long run doing self-insurance is the way to go. If it is a large purchase that you cannot afford to replace, then buying peace of mind might be worth it. The only item I have bought any coverage for is my MacBook Pro M1 Max that is top of the line except for only having 2TB storage (abnormally large purchase in comparison to other items I have bought so self-insurance really would not apply and it is something I would carry and therefore more likely to require coverage). I have never covered a desktop though.

Flaws in manufacturing are most likely to show up when it is covered under manufacturers warranty.

Reactions: Analog Kid

Bazza1

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2017
Toronto, Canada
At least in Canada, AppleCare+ for the Mini is available in such a way as you don't pay it all in one whack.
When I picked up mine, I was offered the option of paying half of AppleCare+ then, and the other half at the one year anniversary. Made it an easier decision - though I don't know how often they like to promote these AppleCare options.
(Similarly, I pay monthly for AppleCare on my iPhone 12 Mini. Works out marginally more expensive than all at one whack at time of phone purchase, but a more affordable option at the time. And can be cancelled at any time)

While I appreciate the Mini doesn't have the potential wear and tear of a MacBook and if there's a hardware issue from the factory, its going to be likely discovered within the first 90 days - but still, I'm okay with getting it. Someone else's problem if it all goes pear-shaped.

Reactions: gregorsamsa

watakoola

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2010
Australia
I say, "no".
The Mini has been one of the most reliable Macs over the long term.
There's not really that much that can go wrong with them.
And... they just sit there on the desk, usually towards the back...
Well... in my case it was a very good thing.

My i7 2018 mini fried itself to death with only a couple of days of AppleCare left. After some considerable negotiations with Apple, they ended up replacing it with a mini M2 Pro as that model matched the number of Thunderbolt ports on my Intel mini.

So... for me AppleCare was well worth it!

Reactions: Student of Life

neuyorican

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2023
Is it beneficial to opt applecare+ service with mac mini m2? Please guide me
I just picked up a Mac mini m2 pro and was in the same boat as you. I decided on adding AppleCare $35 per yr. It will auto renew when it expires or until I cancel it. Peace of mind.

LeeW

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
For the Mac Mini AC is the least likely to need accidental damage cover and it does not need battery support.

So that just leaves faults and the benefit of priority support, if it really is priority.

It's also the cheapest for AC of all Macs, so if you want that peace of mind if anything goes wrong it's worth it for the cost.

You only ever regret not having it when something goes wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.