Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smorrissey

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2015
Short Story, i have an iphone 6s still on ios 9.3.5. Why? pretty much to avoid planning obsolescence and battery drain issues.....and so far so good....

However today i just received an unknown text message (not the first time) and although i open it i didn't click on the link inside (just a 5 digits number) telling me that was my messenger activation code or something like that...

My question is: Is it enough to receive an unknown text message nowadays and open it to get infected? I'm not talking here about clicking on malicious links only about opening a text message.

I'm aware about the text crash bug though...guess i'm answering myself however i'm thinking here more about pegasus type of threats without clicking on any link.

Last edited:

smorrissey

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2015
Well my iphones 6s battery just started to be "jumpy" after almost 2 years of use and a hard reset didn't fix it so...whatever i just updated from ios 9.3.5 to 10.3.3

and let's see how it goes.... if battery life is not worth after that xiomi here we come...kind of tired of Apple's poor battery performance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.