Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Killaz045

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
ATL,GA
for some reason it wont let me downgrade to 4.0 . im using itunes 10.2.1 and my ipod is on ios 4.2

default159

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2011
I used Greenpois0n RC6 for my ipod touch 2g MC model... worked perfectly...
just download greenpoison, run it, then turn your ipod completely off (while plugged in), press start in greenpoison and follow their very simple instructions.
Once done it will reboot the ipod and you'll have a Loader app on your springboard, use that to install cydia

*if the loader crashes (automatically closes when you open it) its because you didnt use the right version of greenpoison. Get the correct one, restore, then redo the jailbreak with the newest version of Greenpois0n

Jmouse

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2011
I used Greenpois0n RC6 for my ipod touch 2g MC model... worked perfectly...
just download greenpoison, run it, then turn your ipod completely off (while plugged in), press start in greenpoison and follow their very simple instructions.
Once done it will reboot the ipod and you'll have a Loader app on your springboard, use that to install cydia

*if the loader crashes (automatically closes when you open it) its because you didnt use the right version of greenpoison. Get the correct one, restore, then redo the jailbreak with the newest version of Greenpois0n

Can you do it with 4.3.1.?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.