Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acrophobiax

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2017
I got my iPhone 8 (4.7”) yesterday, it’s a brand new iPhone 8 from my carrier and i noticed the battery life isn’t good but it isn’t bad, i was expecting more usage time from it but i guess it might just be an iOS 11 issue. How has everyone else’s iPhone 8 been with battery life?

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
I got my iPhone 8 (4.7”) yesterday, it’s a brand new iPhone 8 from my carrier and i noticed the battery life isn’t good but it isn’t bad, i was expecting more usage time from it but i guess it might just be an iOS 11 issue. How has everyone else’s iPhone 8 been with battery life?
I think you need to give it some more time. One day use is not going to be very accurate since you are going to be setting it up and on it more than normal.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
iPhones don't typically behave appropriately for at least a day. For one (as accurately stated above) you have increased screen time due to setup. For another, you download photos, apps, and anything else you need and the initial syncs and setup are taxing on the battery.

That being said, iPhone 8 probably is not a battery monster. It's small with an LCD screen.

Reactions: pdxmatts
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.