Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

floyde

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Monterrey, México
Well I only have the 360, but I've been checking out what is being released for the PS3 and the Wii, and I really can't say I'm interested at all. I mean, besides the must have titles that were released around the console launch period, there's been mostly crap games coming out lately...

I remember in last gen I had to forbid myself from visiting gamespot or ign 'cause everytime there'd be at least two or three games that I would end up wanting to buy. After several months of checking these sites, all I've been interested on is Halo 3... I already have Gears of War and Oblivion (plus a few others), but where are the rest of the must have games??

What do you guys think?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Now Forza 2 is out here I'm only looking forward to Halo 3 on the 360 side.
Half Life ep2, Portal and TF2 on the PC.
Smash Bros, Galaxy and Prime 3 on the Wii (as well as VC games).
Zelda on the DS. And Simcity :D

That said. I ran out and bought a lot of DS games that I've still to play through. I'm only an hour into Hotel Dusk.

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
If you like racing games at all, Forza 2 is great.
The rest of the games i have are older, but fun
COD2
GRAW
GOW

I'm looking forward to bioshock, halo 3, GTA:IV, and assassin's creed, although all of those aren't till the fall.

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
On the 360, I'm waiting to see how BioShock turns out. Halo 3 is also on my list. Of course any cool XBLA games are always a plus. Hopefully Ikaruga and Exit are near.

The PS3 I just haven't followed well enough, so I can't say a thing.

On the PC/Mac, Half Life 2 episode 2 whatever color box is at the top of my list. Very interested in Team Fortress 2 and Portal. I may pick up BF2142 for the Mac if that's what everybody else will be playing (and finally have a Intel Mac-native BF game).

On the Wii, Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Bros., Mario Galaxy, and Mario Super Strikers (that is coming to the US this summer, right?) are the titles I can think of off the top of my head.

On the DS, just SimCity DS, for now. SimCity 3000 was my favorite, although SC4 would be awesome if performance wasn't such a slug.

Unfortunately I have a backlog of previous gen console games to go through and lack any cash, so all of my plans to get any games in the future are on hold. Can't seem to find a job for the summer :(

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Its just you

Mario Galaxy, Mario Strikers Charged, Metriod Prime 3 , BWii, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Halo 3, Mass Effect, BioShock, Manhunt 2, Pokémon Battle Revolution, Lair(I'm not really interested personal, but its seems like a big release) Legend of Zelda: Phatom HourGlass, Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron.

And thats with me know little about the Playstation launch....I'm willing to bet their are some other big titles coming to PSP, PS3 and even Xbox 360(which I listed the big 3, but I'm kind of out of the loop for Xbox 360 too)

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
hmm for me this year its Mario Galaxy, Uncharted, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, Halo 3, Mass Effect, HL2, GTA4, Final Fantasy Tactics: Lions War, Burnout Paradise, Haze, Jericho, probably some more I'm forgetting to mention. No shortage here.

Too bad I won't be able to play them all :(

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I still think if Mario Galaxy makes 2007 I'll eat my hat. Spring/Summer 2008 I would wager. I bet Metroid get's pushed back to christmas 2007 too in order to fill the gaping void in the First Party AAA title lineup.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
I think the upcoming release schedule for this year is typical for this time of year. There are always tons of games in the fall and winter leading up to holiday buying season, and not too much the rest of the year. There are 3-4 games I'm looking forward to for each of the big three consoles, and a couple titles of interest for both the DS and PSP. That's more than enough to spend on games this summer.:p

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Well I only have the 360, but I've been checking out what is being released for the PS3 and the Wii, and I really can't say I'm interested at all. I mean, besides the must have titles that were released around the console launch period, there's been mostly crap games coming out lately...

I remember in last gen I had to forbid myself from visiting gamespot or ign 'cause everytime there'd be at least two or three games that I would end up wanting to buy. After several months of checking these sites, all I've been interested on is Halo 3... I already have Gears of War and Oblivion (plus a few others), but where are the rest of the must have games??

What do you guys think?

Smash Bros, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Strikers Charged, Batallion Wars II, and NiGHTS have me very interested.

For 360, I'm interested in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and Burnout 5 for the most part.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
I still think if Mario Galaxy makes 2007 I'll eat my hat. Spring/Summer 2008 I would wager. I bet Metroid get's pushed back to christmas 2007 too in order to fill the gaping void in the First Party AAA title lineup.

Make sure we get a video of you eatting your hat
:p

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I'm hoping Nintendo announces Mario Kart or F-Zero Wii. Since I got F-Zero X yesterday I realised these racers are my most played series outside of Smash Bros. That'll be another 2 games to look forward too, albeit in the long range radar.

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
I'm hoping Nintendo announces Mario Kart or F-Zero Wii. Since I got F-Zero X yesterday I realised these racers are my most played series outside of Smash Bros. That'll be another 2 games to look forward too, albeit in the long range radar.

Although we are going off topic, I wonder how the Wii will handle racing games. Besides Excite Truck, I have tried Mario Party 8 and Call of Duty 3's driving controls.

Excite Truck and the Mario Party 8 are similar in controls, and it works because precision isn't all that important in either game. Fine for F-Zero, in my opinion, but precision counts in Mario Kart.

Call of Duty 3 had a rather interesting control scheme. You use the nunchuk and Wii-mote and hold them up like you would hold a steering wheel. Then, you steer like you would with a real steering wheel. It worked well and would be easy to pick up for anyone.

I wonder how Need For Speed's controls were. There were like 3 different schemes, I think.

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
Mario Kart DS didn't need no stinking analogue stick for precision. ;)

If anything, developers focusing on more realistic racer games should support the classic controller, or like usual any of a billion steering wheels that will be released, or any of the current Cube steering wheels that work on a Wii.

Back on rambles...
The upcoming Zelda DS doesn't suck in my hopeful opinion. How can anyone that owns a 360 not be interested in Mass Effect? :eek:

<]=)

SpankyPenzaanz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2006
Mass Effect
Brothers In Arms: Hells Highway
Two Worlds looks very interesting but I want to see more
Overlord ^^
All Pro Football 2k8 (I think it should be renamed to Joe Montana Football in memory of the best football game ever and it is being published by sega - rot in hell EA u suck)

Racing games - I am not big on (except mario kart)but I am hearing some good things about Forza2

Even though its an update/port Res Evil 4 I loved it on GC could have have sped up the pacing though will prob get it when it hits

Blazing Angels 2 (whenever that may be)
Crimson Skies 2 if the rumors are true about announcement coming up

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I bit the bullet and bought Mario Smash Football today. Now that is awesome. I've only played a couple of games on it but it's massively fun. I'd be playing now if Coronation Street wasn't on... damn living room TV. :mad:
It's great. If Nintendo pump out a game of this quality 4-6 times a year the Wii is going to continue its stride.

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
Mario Kart DS didn't need no stinking analogue stick for precision. ;)

for Gran Turismo 2 i actually prefered the d-pad to the analog stick since IMHO it allowed faster correction and also faster switching from left to right

(just like i never let off the acceleration key and simply did pressed rapidly on the brake key to reduce speed without loosing that turbo pressure and keeping control in the corners)

i wished d pads still were better

floyde

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Monterrey, México
So it was me then... :eek: Well it's good to hear that there's decent stuff coming out. I guess I just had high expectations for console games after the Starcraft 2 announcement ;) (which I won't be able to run on my PB btw :()

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
I thought the sam euntil I actually checked out the game videos on xbl - I've got CoD4, MOH:A, Bioshock, Halo3 and Mass Effect down as purchases with a further 3 definite rentals....

It is slow at the moment, but from August things look very rosey :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.