Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iancapable

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
London, United Kingdom
Or was the launch of the EA games a bit lame... For starters I cannot find them in any store over here in the UK and they've been out for a few weeks now...

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
All of EA's games are exclusive to the brick-and-mortar Apple stores, and the online one for the first 90 days, if I recall right. So you're out of luck searching anywhere else.

iancapable

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
London, United Kingdom
All of EA's games are exclusive to the brick-and-mortar Apple stores, and the online one for the first 90 days, if I recall right. So you're out of luck searching anywhere else.

Might have to head down to the Apple store on Reagent Street then... A bit short sited isn't it? It's not on the Apple UK website either.

CJM

macrumors 68000
May 7, 2005
U.K.
Seriously? That's pretty sucky if you ask me. A drive all the way to London, just to buy a game, takes the cake, really.

iancapable

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
London, United Kingdom
Seriously? That's pretty sucky if you ask me. A drive all the way to London, just to buy a game, takes the cake, really.

Well I work in London so it's not too much of a problem for me... One wouldn't drive either (that's just madness)!

Only problem is I work 40 minutes away from the Apple Store... Although time in there is never wasted.

phanboyjohn

macrumors member
May 18, 2007
Hey iancapable/CJM, I don't mean to get off-topic, but how are the Apple Stores in the UK like? I've only been to ones in the states, and am curious what the experience is like outside the colonies. :)

TJIrwin

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2006
London, UK
UK stores are rather nice in my experience. Certainly the Regent's Street is fantastic - if a little overcrowded with buggers just using it as a free internet cafe. The new Kingston store is very nice also. Very open plan, more reps than customers usually. Fantastic.

Genius Bar appointments are invariably booked up every time I've tried to get one, but such is life. Apple are looking at expanding apple shop numbers n key cities - there was also a move 6 months or so ago to put them in larger supermarkets (Tesco Milton Keynes being the flagship) with a few reps, demo machines, but essentially running a front to the online store when it came to actual purchasing. Not being anywhere near Milton Keynes though I have no idea if it's still looking viable as a concept. Other than that quality of the Apple resellers vary massively, with some being Apple Store's in all but name, and others (PC world springs to mind) being utterly crap having a macbook on a shelf somewhere at teh back of the store, badly lit with grubby touchpads.

I'm moving to New York in the morning from London so I shall have to see the difference between 5th Avenue and Regent's Street in the flesh!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.