Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ServiceTag

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
I managed succesfully move & run the older version of AccountEdge app on MacMini 2012i7 High Sierra. Then as a test run I cloned to the external SSD/USB3 & upgraded to Mojave. I got pleasantly surprised that AE app is still running from my external HD (under APFS format as a Legacy 32bit app)

However using the same ext. HD & opening that AE app doesn't work on MM2018. It crashes when opening witth error "AE quits unexpectedly" and I can't figure out exactly why?
Does anybody have an idea how to make it work?
TIA

P.S. since I'm not sure if it's the hardware or software I posted this in MacOS Mojave forum as well...

macdos

Suspended
Oct 15, 2017
Your software probably depends on shlibs installed when you first got the app, and they are of course missing on the MM. How about reinstalling your app properly instead of ”cloning”, whatever that means?

I managed succesfully move & run the older version of AccountEdge app on MacMini 2012i7 High Sierra. Then as a test run I cloned to the external SSD/USB3 & upgraded to Mojave. I got pleasantly surprised that AE app is still running from my external HD (under APFS format as a Legacy 32bit app)

However using the same ext. HD & opening that AE app doesn't work on MM2018. It crashes when opening witth error "AE quits unexpectedly" and I can't figure out exactly why?
Does anybody have an idea how to make it work?
TIA

P.S. since I'm not sure if it's the hardware or software I posted this in MacOS Mojave forum as well...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.