Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rovex

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
Incredible?

It just works perfectly. Cannot find a single thing wrong with it, an easy to use and intuitive app.

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
It's a step up from iOS6 for sure.
Especially Reader mode.
I just wish that the iPad would get the same tab scrolling so that all of the opened tabs weren't visible all the time.
Kind of a let-down that the iPhone gets a nicer, more graphic-intensive feature than the iPad.

TK42

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2013
The reader mode could benefit from a "night"-mode, I think. During night the eye strain is really killing me :D

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
The reader mode could benefit from a "night"-mode, I think. During night the eye strain is really killing me :D

It would be nice if it were automatic but in the meantime switch your Accessibility Shortcut to "Invert Colors" and then just triple-click the Home button. Instant night-mode.

dcp10

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
Totally. I've stopped using Chome and have decided to stay with Safari for the remainder of the beta period. At this point I doubt I'll be going back.

jbenkelman

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2009
Totally. I've stopped using Chome and have decided to stay with Safari for the remainder of the beta period. At this point I doubt I'll be going back.

I did the same. I am a huge fan of the Chrome app and have been using it since it came out, but Apple stepped up their game with the Safari app update this OS. I am impressed. So clean and easy to use.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Incredible?

It just works perfectly. Cannot find a single thing wrong with it, an easy to use and intuitive app.

I'm not a fan of the workflow where you have to scroll the page back up slightly in order for the bottom menu to appear.

cwwilson

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Safari is really good on iOS 7. I was using Chrome on my iPad but this new version of Safari just blows it away. I think it might be faster is some aspects than the Mac version!

aimee.elizabeth

Cancelled
Sep 28, 2012
I like the app and it's very easy to use. One thing I would change is the placement of the .com button on the search/address bar. I always mistype and end up with .com's in the middle of every search :(.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
If you just tap on the bottom of the page it will appear. No need to scroll up

That is just insane. How is anyone supposed to guess that? It's the same problem people had with Win8 -- too many hard to discover gestures.

~Ks383~

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
That is just insane. How is anyone supposed to guess that? It's the same problem people had with Win8 -- too many hard to discover gestures.

It is probably set up like that so that people who are accustomed to using previous versions of iOS who might tap there out of habit will get the controls they are used to.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
It is probably set up like that so that people who are accustomed to using previous versions of iOS who might tap there out of habit will get the controls they are used to.

Well, I tap the bottom of the screen when I see icons there. It never occurred to me to tap the bottom when no icons are visible.

~Ks383~

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
Well, I tap the bottom of the screen when I see icons there. It never occurred to me to tap the bottom when no icons are visible.

I understand what you mean. I also would not be likely to tap at the bottom of the screen when no icons are visible. I was just offering up a suggestion as to why it might be setup that way.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I understand what you mean. I also would not be likely to tap at the bottom of the screen when no icons are visible. I was just offering up a suggestion as to why it might be setup that way.

Whatever their reasoning, the result is a harder to use UI than before.

Just in case there are people who don't know, the icons also appear if you tap the url at the top.

But that is another annoyance, because that url always visible at the top takes up space. In iOS 6, the url was only visible when you scrolled all the way up to the top, and I rather liked it that way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.