Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cubbada

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2017
Hello people. I have question about battery life. I have iPad Air 2 wifi only. My question is about battery usage. Right now i have about 4 hours and 40mins of usage. And the standby time is 69 hours and 27 minutes. But I have used the device about 3 hours and 30 minutes. So the usage time increased about 1 hour 10 minutes when I did not use the device(device was on standby). Is this normal or is this a problem?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Hello people. I have question about battery life. I have iPad Air 2 wifi only. My question is about battery usage. Right now i have about 4 hours and 40mins of usage. And the standby time is 69 hours and 27 minutes. But I have used the device about 3 hours and 30 minutes. So the usage time increased about 1 hour 10 minutes when I did not use the device(device was on standby). Is this normal or is this a problem?

The battery gauge is dynamic and changes as you change settings. Likely it is reacting to a change you made in settings.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
The OP is talking about the Usage/Standby stats in the Settings/Battery ---> Scroll to bottom.

To answer the OP, I do think it would be normal for the usage time to go up while not using it due to notifications and other background activities, but an hour+ ... seems high. If it's that high, I would suspect a stuck app. Maybe you have an audio app or game gone wonky that keeps running.

I would ask the question, how do you know that you've only used the ipad for 3:30? Do you watch the timers that closely?

Ultimately, when something like this happens, I kill all open apps. If that doesn't help, I reboot and recharge.

Cubbada

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2017
The OP is talking about the Usage/Standby stats in the Settings/Battery ---> Scroll to bottom.

To answer the OP, I do think it would be normal for the usage time to go up while not using it due to notifications and other background activities, but an hour+ ... seems high. If it's that high, I would suspect a stuck app. Maybe you have an audio app or game gone wonky that keeps running.

I would ask the question, how do you know that you've only used the ipad for 3:30? Do you watch the timers that closely?

Ultimately, when something like this happens, I kill all open apps. If that doesn't help, I reboot and recharge.

All apps are turned off.But I don't know if an app is stuck or not. I'm not using audio app. I have no games installed. I record the time I'm using the iPad and it doesn't match with usage time that iPad records.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.