Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dekema2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
WNY or Utica
There was a time when I could type in a text field that exceeded the width of my screen, and the screen would "follow" the cursor so I could see what I was typing. It's been that way since I got an iPod Touch 6-7 years ago.

When iOS 10 came out, that seemed to have disappeared. Every day now, I have to manually drag or resize the screen just to get everything in my field of view, and if I'm typing something lengthy, it's a pain in the ass.

Does anybody else have this issue, or am I alone? Is there a fix for it, and is Apple aware?

Edit: this isn't an isolated issue, but I don't know why my phone is unique either. It's not like I do anything crazy with it. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7678932?start=0&tstart=0

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
There was a time when I could type in a text field that exceeded the width of my screen, and the screen would "follow" the cursor so I could see what I was typing. It's been that way since I got an iPod Touch 6-7 years ago.

When iOS 10 came out, that seemed to have disappeared. Every day now, I have to manually drag or resize the screen just to get everything in my field of view, and if I'm typing something lengthy, it's a pain in the ass.

Does anybody else have this issue, or am I alone? Is there a fix for it, and is Apple aware?

Edit: this isn't an isolated issue, but I don't know why my phone is unique either. It's not like I do anything crazy with it. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7678932?start=0&tstart=0
Is this on some web site in Safari, or is this within some app, or somewhere else?

Dekema2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
WNY or Utica
Is this on some web site in Safari, or is this within some app, or somewhere else?

It's in any Safari website where the text box exceeds screen width. Typically this happens on desktop websites, many of which I prefer over mobile ones, but I have to believe it doesn't happen on other iOS devices.

It doesn't happen in Pages, I know that for sure.

I must be one-in-a-million with this issue, because upon searching the MR forums for similar ones, my older thread came up. I think the Genius Bar would tell me it's time to upgrade (I'm on a 5s) so that's not a formidable route.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It's in any Safari website where the text box exceeds screen width. Typically this happens on desktop websites, many of which I prefer over mobile ones, but I have to believe it doesn't happen on other iOS devices.

It doesn't happen in Pages, I know that for sure.

I must be one-in-a-million with this issue, because upon searching the MR forums for similar ones, my older thread came up. I think the Genius Bar would tell me it's time to upgrade (I'm on a 5s) so that's not a formidable route.
I think I recall this being brought up as something that people have come across wondering if others have seen it or if a new update might fix it, but all in the earlier days of iOS 10 it would seem given that I don't really recall it coming up much since iOS 10.2 days or so. What particular iOS 10 version are you running?

Dekema2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
WNY or Utica
I think I recall this being brought up as something that people have come across wondering if others have seen it or if a new update might fix it, but all in the earlier days of iOS 10 it would seem given that I don't really recall it coming up much since iOS 10.2 days or so. What particular iOS 10 version are you running?
Currently running 10.2.1. It's such an annoying issue, maybe a clean install is in order.

cswifx

Suspended
Dec 15, 2016
Is there a specific page the issue is happening on? It would be good if you shared that so everyone here can test it on their devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.