Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 18, 2021
is it possible for Siri's responses to fill up the whole screen on iPad Mini 6? (instead of just a tiny window which is unreadable from 2 feet away, like in the screenshot below)

Thanks! :)

555666.jpg

cupcakes2000

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2010
Don’t have my iPad around atm but what does this do?

Settings/Accessibility/Siri/Show Apps Behind Siri

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 18, 2021
Don’t have my iPad around atm but what does this do?

Settings/Accessibility/Siri/Show Apps Behind Siri

That setting makes no difference to the size of the Siri response window. It only decides if the apps in the background appear.(or display a grey back ground, like the screenshot I posted above)

secretk

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2018
It is a bit of hack but I think that if you activate Type to Siri in Accessibility, you will have Siri full screen. I don't know another way to activate the full screen answers.

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 18, 2021
It is a bit of hack but I think that if you activate Type to Siri in Accessibility, you will have Siri full screen. I don't know another way to activate the full screen answers.

Thanks!

Just tried that setting in Accessibility...unfortunately, it made no difference to the Siri window size..

the Siri response window on the iPad is actually smaller than the Siri response on my spare iPhone SE(2016)... that's just kind of bizarre... :)

• Sad
Reactions: secretk

cupcakes2000

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2010

That setting makes no difference to the size of the Siri response window. It only decides if the apps in the background appear.(or display a grey back ground, like the screenshot I posted above)
Ah ok. I wasn’t sure as I noticed in your screenshot it was already grey. I’m going to guess you cannot do what you wish though. Not a use case I need particularly, but I can see a very very valid reason why it should be possible!

secretk

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2018
Thanks!

Just tried that setting in Accessibility...unfortunately, it made no difference to the Siri window size..

the Siri response window on the iPad is actually smaller than the Siri response on my spare iPhone SE(2016)... that's just kind of bizarre... :)
Ah this sucks! I could not find any other setting related to Siri that could potentially help you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.