Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wowoah

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2003
Berkeley, CA
Since I installed 10.3.8, my PowerBook has been crashing nonstop. I don't know if it's 10.3.8's fault, but I want to see if I can downgrade to 10.3.7 and see if that solves anything.

Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Try safe booting your Mac (hold shift key) or creating a new user to see if that eliminates your crashes.

It's quite possible the 10.3.8 update broke one of the old programs or kext files that you're using -- and is causing a lot of crashes.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Downgrades are not possible normally. The only way to downgrade is to restore to the base version of the OS you wish to downgrade to (or whatever came with your Mac if you haven't upgraded since you bought it), then update to the desired minor version of that OS. Keep in mind that you can't downgrade to anything older than what your Mac came with.

I'd try Sun Baked's suggestions before mine, though.

Soulstorm

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2005
Applespider said:
Some people have reported that re-installing 10.3.8 using the Combo updated from Apple's website rather than the incremental upgrade that you likely did through Software update cured stability problems with 10.3.8.

Worth a shot?

Yes,it does. That solved a lot of my problems, and kernel panics seem to have stoped. Coincidence?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.