Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 6, 2014
I would like to remove certain sections of these forums (particularly the PRSI board) from the list that is returned when I click on the New Posts button. Is this possible?

Last edited:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I would like to remove certain sections of these forums (particularly the PRSI board) from the list that is returned when I click on the New Posts button. Is this possible?
Yes, you can create your own bookmark for New Posts and exclude forums you don't want to see. For example:

Code:
https://forums.macrumors.com/search/?do=getnew&exclude=4,43,107,160,154

You can find the forum numbers by hovering over the forum name in the listing, and look at the Status Bar at the bottom.

Screen Shot 2015-04-06 at 4.09.24 PM.PNG

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 6, 2014
Yes, you can create your own bookmark for New Posts and exclude forums you don't want to see. For example:

Code:
https://forums.macrumors.com/search/?do=getnew&exclude=4,43,107,160,154

You can find the forum numbers by hovering over the forum name in the listing, and look at the Status Bar at the bottom.

Wowsers, that seems perfect! Thank you. This information should be on a sticky somewhere.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

Just go to your forum options here and add the forum numbers GGJStudios pointed out to the Exclude Forums section and they will no longer be displayed when you click New Posts.

MGvelCt.png

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 6, 2014
Just go to your forum options here and add the forum numbers GGJStudios pointed out to the Exclude Forums section and they will no longer be displayed when you click New Posts.

Another excellent piece of advice, thank you so much! I'm hoping Xenforo has a similar function.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.