Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tanlleoni

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2022
Hello,
I have iPhone 13 128GB.
Two days ago I recorded a video. Someone deleted that video from regular folder, and from recently deleted folder also. iCloud photos are turned off. I don’t have backup.

Is there anyway to recover that deleted video? It is really important.

Tanlleoni

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2022
They deleted the video by force. I filmed a criminal event.
Please help me to recover that video.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
They deleted the video by force. I filmed a criminal event.
Please help me to recover that video.
Again, after the video is deleted from the Deleted Folder, it is gone. Nothing can bring it back except a back-up. Rule of thumb, always have iCloud back-ups enabled.

On a Macs and PCs you do have recovery software, but I haven't seen anything like those for iPhones. And even if there is a software, there is no guarantee, you can only increase odds if the iPhone in question has a large storage. Being honest, 128GB isn't large and most likely the video is truly gone.

cthompson94

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2022
SoCal
Sorry to hear about this especially since you mentioned that you filmed a criminal event and they got a hold of your phone. Unfortunately I believe, like jav6454, the video is lost since it was deleted from the "deleted folder" and no iCloud back up.

If after this unfortunate event you decide to turn on iCloud backup just remember to turn off any of the data saver or the phone will wait until connected to Wi-fi to backup to iCloud, which if you have Unlimited data shouldn't be a problem. Also using the accessibility menu in settings, you can turn on guided access and limit what can be done on the iphone, disable being able to change apps in multitask, disable buttons, and a few more options. To turn it off someone would need a passcode you set (can be different than your unlock password) to hopefully not have something like this happen. I use this feature all the time with my child to basically lock the phone to the one app (even the ads that pop up will not change apps when they are clicked on).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.