Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sultan13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2018
Germany
i think about to buy me a vision pro plus a new macbook (pro or air).

i work as a full time trader with a lot of charts and 4 times 27 inch screen setup (all HD resolution).

will it be possible to use this setup:

mirror the new macbook screen, bump up the resolution to maximum (so to get around 4k) and then place all what i used to have in 4 screen on this one screen. and then increase this mirrored mac screen inside vision pro, so i can read all fine and same size like i had 4 times 27 inch screens before (of course need to move head, but i have to do at the moment too).

will this work with a good text quality, good latency ?... or is this a stupid idea and will not work good enough..... and can i use my mouse (mx master 3) in this setup too (faster for this job then any trackpad). and what macbook i should choose for this setup, will be a difference in different Macbooks (M1-M3, air to pro..).

• Haha
Reactions: d0sed0se

surferfb

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2007
Washington DC
I actually don’t think this is possible right now at a resolution that would be acceptable. Could always try it and return if it doesn’t work though.

Mice are definitely not supported yet.

Reactions: Sultan13

Sultan13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2018
Germany
thanks for your response.

i read about the mice did work for some with some settings changed, for some dont work with all scrolling parts.
the problem for me is, i would need to order from europe (so come to usa for buy ), so more difficult to bring back. thats why the idea was to find out it will work like this with a good chance or not.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
i think about to buy me a vision pro plus a new macbook (pro or air).

i work as a full time trader with a lot of charts and 4 times 27 inch screen setup (all HD resolution).

will it be possible to use this setup:

mirror the new macbook screen, bump up the resolution to maximum (so to get around 4k) and then place all what i used to have in 4 screen on this one screen. and then increase this mirrored mac screen inside vision pro, so i can read all fine and same size like i had 4 times 27 inch screens before (of course need to move head, but i have to do at the moment too).

will this work with a good text quality, good latency ?... or is this a stupid idea and will not work good enough..... and can i use my mouse (mx master 3) in this setup too (faster for this job then any trackpad). and what macbook i should choose for this setup, will be a difference in different Macbooks (M1-M3, air to pro..).
I actually don’t think this is possible right now at a resolution that would be acceptable. Could always try it and return if it doesn’t work though.

Mice are definitely not supported yet.
Mice are indeed supported for when you're transferring the Mac's desktop to the AVP. You can most certainly use your Mac's apps with a mouse. Doing it right now with my AVP while posting this.

Mice aren't supported, however, for native AVP apps (though Apple's Magic Trackpad is).

And Sultan13 -- I think you should be able to do what you want, actually. When you're using the Mac virtual display, you can absolutely set it to 4K 3840x2160 resolution and use it that way. Thus it would be equivalent to 4x 1080p displays. You wouldn't get the High DPI font smoothing you'd otherwise get with a 4K display at a lower resolution, but it definitely works in native 3840x2160 mode.

The text is small at 3840x2160, however, so be willing to bring the virtual screen close to you and be prepared to move your head around -- imagine using 3840x2160 resolution mode on 55" or 60" TV sitting on your desk directly in front of you, because that's exactly what it'll look like! Making the virtual display smaller so it looks more like a 40" display at normal viewing distance might have text too small to be comfortable when at 3840x2160 depending on how sharp your eyesight is.

As for what computer, I should think that an M2 or M3 Air would have no problem doing it. An M3 Air or M2 Pro/Max (or higher) might be a safe bet in case Apple comes out with a way to have two virtual Mac displays (since the M2 Air can only support one external display but M2 Pro/Max's and M3's can support two or more external displays).

Last edited:
Reactions: Sultan13

surferfb

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2007
Washington DC
Mice are indeed supported for when you're transferring the Mac's desktop to the AVP. You can definitely use your Mac's apps with a mouse.

Mice aren't supported, however, for native AVP apps (though Apple's Magic Trackpad is).
Yes - sorry. Should have clarified. Xraydoc is correct.

Sultan13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2018
Germany
I can only get about 3-4 tradingview charts currently from my MBP mirror, so cannot replace the multiple monitors currently.
is tradingview not possible to use even inside a extra vision safari window?
why only 3-4 charts possible to open there, even with a very high resolution?
in general i need to open 48 charts same time on my 4 screens, but i dont unfortunately i cant use tradingview (very bad for currency daytrading without ask and bid chart).

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
is tradingview not possible to use even inside a extra vision safari window?
why only 3-4 charts possible to open there, even with a very high resolution?
in general i need to open 48 charts same time on my 4 screens, but i dont unfortunately i cant use tradingview (very bad for currency daytrading without ask and bid chart).
You just have to seee for yourself, but you likely won't find it acceptable for trading, especially if you use 48 charts. I trade as well, but only 5-7 charts at a time, and just not a setup for me. Somewhat possible, but not what I would want to use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.