Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pr0230

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
I have a Current Virgin Mobile Account.... I want to buy a SPRINT Iphone 5 on EBAY, and take my Current Simm (Virgin Mobile) and plug it into the Sprint Phone and use in on my Virgin Mobile Contract...

IS IT POSSIBLE?

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
From what I understood on HowardForums last time I checked, the only phones that can possibly work on Virgin Mobile are Virgin Mobile branded phones.

I'd check them out though. Google HowardForums Virgin Mobile USA and see if there have been any changes to their terms of service to allow Sprint phones.

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
No, there hasn't! I saw someone else asking this on the Sprint forums just recently and a rep said no, they couldn't do it.

It may change in the future, but at this time, won't work.

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
No, there hasn't! I saw someone else asking this on the Sprint forums just recently and a rep said no, they couldn't do it.

It may change in the future, but at this time, won't work.

Oof, that sucks :(

OP: if you are already willing to pay a higher unsubsidized price on eBay for an iPhone 5, why not wait until black friday and snag a Virgin Mobile iPhone 5 for a big discount like they did last year?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I have a Current Virgin Mobile Account.... I want to buy a SPRINT Iphone 5 on EBAY, and take my Current Simm (Virgin Mobile) and plug it into the Sprint Phone and use in on my Virgin Mobile Contract...

IS IT POSSIBLE?
No You would have to unlock the Sprint phone first and Sprint does not under any circumstance allow domestic unlocks of it's phones. Only international.

See here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.