Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

salvator

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2015
hey guys,
I wanted to know if I can run the developer preview of OS X El Capitan on my early 2015 13inch.
I wanted to know if I can create a partition and then install the OS as in that case I can still have my current Yosemite intact with its data.

Will there be any problems as such?
And once I download the file how do i install it on the partition?
I just want to install it to see what the changes are, I will be still using my Yosemite partition for daily usage

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2010
hey guys,
I wanted to know if I can run the developer preview of OS X El Capitan on my early 2015 13inch.
I wanted to know if I can create a partition and then install the OS as in that case I can still have my current Yosemite intact with its data.

Will there be any problems as such?
And once I download the file how do i install it on the partition?
I just want to install it to see what the changes are, I will be still using my Yosemite partition for daily usage

If you don't know how to install the developer preview then I recommend you wait until the public beta is released if you really want to try it out.

You can create a partition and install El Capitan while keeping your Yosemite partition intact. There are dozens of threads on here explaining how to do it.

Again, I don't recommend you install the developer preview. Wait for the public beta. Trust me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.