Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MaximTV

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 10, 2016
Germany
Do you guys think it's safe to install it now without breaking my mac or experiencing issues like battery drain or any other issue?

MeasterHD

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2016
Miami
I'm running High Sierra over week and I didn't discover any problem. So I guess that you don't have to be scare of it.

Z3man

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2012
UK
Probably not, knowing Apple there will be loads of bugs there always is.

What annoys me is that they introduce bugs on simple things like Mail, iTunes and Safari when they were perfect to start with, so i think i will hold off this time. I usually upgrade straight away then regret it, so am not going to get caught out this time unless everyone is reporting it is bug free, but i doubt it will be.

Bending Pixels

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2010
No - it's not. You should in stall Windows 10 instead.....

Haven't run into any issues. 'couse, I'm doing a clean install after having run the beta's since July.

Theophil1971

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2015
USA
I installed it this morning on the same model of MacBook that you list in your signature. I didn't encounter any problems whatsoever, and it is up and running very smoothly.
As to the alleged exploit vulnerability, so long as you don't download any unsigned, 3rd party apps (only use what's available on the App Store) you're fine. And Apple will likely issue a patch soon to correct that vulnerability.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.