Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fthree

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 14, 2014
is it safe to say at this point that with the 70,000,000 reviews on YouTube and at various places online that people that purchase the xs max (especially people from this site) should have no reason to complain on here about: the screen size being large, “not really that many impressive upgrades”, it loses lte connection frequently, for the love of God Face ID issues, the fact that the phone doesn’t come with—- a fast charging adapter or a headphone dongle. There are a few other things that have been stated over and over and over and over again.... Time to enjoy our Max’s (which even though it is fairly close to my X) is a really nice upgrade over last years.

PS- for the ones complaining that have an issue just go to the apple store and tell them about it.....

rdillon2008

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2018
Bahamas
is it safe to say at this point that with the 70,000,000 reviews on YouTube and at various places online that people that purchase the xs max (especially people from this site) should have no reason to complain on here about: the screen size being large, “not really that many impressive upgrades”, it loses lte connection frequently, for the love of God Face ID issues, the fact that the phone doesn’t come with—- a fast charging adapter or a headphone dongle. There are a few other things that have been stated over and over and over and over again.... Time to enjoy our Max’s (which even though it is fairly close to my X) is a really nice upgrade over last years.

PS- for the ones complaining that have an issue just go to the apple store and tell them about it.....

To be honest; I don’t even see these pink tint issues until someone says something. Most of the time you don’t notice things until someone brings up the issue then you start to find fault in your device. My device works just fine.

Reactions: Duncan68 and Fthree

Fthree

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 14, 2014
To be honest; I don’t even see these pink tint issues until someone says something. Most of the time you don’t notice things until someone brings up the issue then you start to find fault in your device. My device works just fine.
I’m right there with you! Sometimes people can make an issue out of nothing then we as (people who value our phones/quality possessions) want to believe they can be flawless. (Which they probably are) but can start seeing things that aren’t even there.

rdillon2008

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2018
Bahamas
I’m right there with you! Sometimes people can make an issue out of nothing then we as (people who value our phones/quality possessions) want to believe they can be flawless. (Which they probably are) but can start seeing things that aren’t even there.

My screen was fine and then I saw complaints about it. That made me start playing with the color tint lol. After couple days of doing that I just turned it off and use factory settings

Reactions: Fthree

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009

Yeah but aren't you just complaining about the complainers? I always thought we should have word in the dictionary to describe people who complain about complainers, lol. But in all seriousness I agree with you except about the reception issues. I'm having some reception issues and while Apple might swap my phone out of good will, they might not as I can't replicate it every single time. Plus eventually those will be swapped out for refurb models once those are in circulation, so I just spent $1500 on a refurb model. Issues such as the reception issues should get the spotlight because then Apple can work on getting them fixed. This wouldn't be the first issue that was ignored and required lawsuits in order for Apple to respond to.

Please note I'm NOT saying there is an issue, but I am saying that if enough people comment on something at least that gives Apple the notification to possibly investigate and fix things.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
You would think, but people will always complain. I have no issues with people who have the device, more so with the majority that just repeat the same issues over and over without actually having the device in questions.
[doublepost=1538409587][/doublepost]
Yeah but aren't you just complaining about the complainers? I always thought we should have word in the dictionary to describe people who complain about complainers, lol. But in all seriousness I agree with you except about the reception issues. I'm having some reception issues and while Apple might swap my phone out of good will, they might not as I can't replicate it every single time. Plus eventually those will be swapped out for refurb models once those are in circulation, so I just spent $1500 on a refurb model. Issues such as the reception issues should get the spotlight because then Apple can work on getting them fixed. This wouldn't be the first issue that was ignored and required lawsuits in order for Apple to respond to.

Please not I'm NOT saying there is an issue, but I am saying that if enough people comment on something at least that gives Apple the notification to possibly investigate and fix things.

I would wait for the 12.0.1 release any day now before turning anything into Apple.

AppleB

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
My XS Max is on a UPS truck on my way to me so I’m a few hours away from seeing if it has any issues.

Not getting a fast charger included never bothered me. I haven’t used a Apple iPhone charger in years. The tiny brick that comes with the iPhone ends up in a junk box.

I haven’t used wired headphones or ear buds since my 6 Plus.
I have a headphone dongle that came with my 7 Plus I believe but it’s probably at the bottom of the junk box. I think I used it once or twice in 2 years.

AppleB

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Got my Max. So far no issues. Setting up from scratch been a long time since I’ve done that.
No charge issues at all.

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2018
Yeah but aren't you just complaining about the complainers? I always thought we should have word in the dictionary to describe people who complain about complainers, lol.

It's like complaining about kids in the car complaining are we there yet. It doesn't mean it's not annoying though.

Or that one Debbie Downer friend where everything sucks, work sucks, life sucks, etc.; no one wants to hear that day after day it brings your mood down too (whether you admit it or not). Hearing something sucks over and over and over is annoying and not productive at all.

There's a big difference between an intelligent discussion about an issue, what is happening and what could fix it possibly, and complaining "Apple sucks" "oh you're just an Apple apologist/sheep" over and over by the usuals around here. There are some people every year/OS release about the same stuff yet still for some reason keep using and buying Apple products despite being "so bad" to them.

If that's someone's attitude then simply return the phone for all of your money back before 14 days which we are all still within and moving on to something you think is better. But I can nearly promise you those type will find something wrong no matter what they buy as nothing is without its flaws.

Last edited:

Diorama

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2017
Yeah but aren't you just complaining about the complainers? I always thought we should have word in the dictionary to describe people who complain about complainers, lol.

Yeah, but aren’t you just complaining about the people complaining about the complainers?

aka777

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012

These people probably also need to get a life and/or go seek medical help. It's one thing having an actual issue (e.g a button does not work) and totally something else when someone is just looking for an issue.
[doublepost=1538422281][/doublepost]
There's a big difference between an intelligent discussion about an issue, what is happening and what could fix it possibly, and complaining "Apple sucks" "oh you're just an Apple apologist/sheep" over and over by the usuals around here. There are some people every year/OS release about the same stuff yet still for some reason keep using and buying Apple products despite being "so bad" to them.

Especially those who come to an apple-centric forum to just complain non stop about apple. It's why I have been accusing some of being paid shills for other manufacturers, as I have never gone to another manufacturers platform to tell them how **** they are. If I purchase a device and it has issues, I'll complain about a thing or two and then by the 3rd issue I have with the device - it's gone.

The fact is that almost no other manufacturer has apple's satisfaction guaranteed return period. Once you buy one of their crap, you're basically stuck with it. The irony in all this is that Android manufacturers operate like 90s/00s PC part companies, where bugs were never fixed and required that you buy a new model. If their is an issue, Apple will often offer a free replacement, even years later.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.