Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unixphone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
Hi,

I purchased two iPhone 6+ with 2 years ATT contract and two Tmobile iPhone 6+.
My plan is sell my ATT contracted iPhone and use the Tmobile phone.

I would like to sell the ATT phones new seal in box either craiglist or ebay. Hence, the new sim card will be inside. Will that create a problem when the buyer activate the att phone? I certainly do not want some stranger start taking over my phone line.

ltb7

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2010
the beach
Hi,

I purchased two iPhone 6+ with 2 years ATT contract and two Tmobile iPhone 6+.
My plan is sell my ATT contracted iPhone and use the Tmobile phone.

I would like to sell the ATT phones new seal in box either craiglist or ebay. Hence, the new sim card will be inside. Will that create a problem when the buyer activate the att phone? I certainly do not want some stranger start taking over my phone line.

from what i understand the phones from att come with sim card set for your account and i believe the imei number is also tied to you account, why not just pop into att and ask one of the guys there if possible, you could easily take out sim, but as far as the serial numbers + imei, i'm not too sure

blin336

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
I just did this. ATT sent me two extra phones under contract price. Had to go to store to get new sim card and had them update sim and imei on their system

unixphone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
I see. So, it is better sell the phones. Then, go to ATT update a new sim card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.