Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reash

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2024
I know it was ok with the mini 4 which i used before and i want to make sure with this model as with my skin type water tends to cling so there are time when even i wipe my hands water remains and i get paranoid since i heard this has a different type of screen. Also the same question but with goldbond cream instead of water. i am asking this as i don't want the screen to be damaged

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Those device screens are not susceptible to daily level normal moisture, unlike someone claiming water can damage magnet. If you are really paranoid, have paper towel handy to wipe the screen every time you stop using it extensively (Say Use it for 20 min).

Reash

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2024
Those device screens are not susceptible to daily level normal moisture, unlike someone claiming water can damage magnet. If you are really paranoid, have paper towel handy to wipe the screen every time you stop using it extensively (Say Use it for 20 min).
thanks i just wanted to know since people told me this screen is like a hdtv's as in some water or oil gets on it and it gets messed up

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
No, you will be vaporized the second you touch it :)

The case and the screen are fine. Just keep water away from the holes, like the ports.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.