Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
Hi

I have a 12 Pro and thinking of upgrading to a 13 Pro.

Is the battery life significantly greater on the 13 Pro?

I am a relatively light phone user. Email, text, internet browsing, occasionally view video. I don’t take a lot of photos. I have about 200 photos in total.

I get about 10-12 hours of battery life now.

The Pro Max feels uncomfortable in my hand, so I am not considering that at the moment.

Is there enough reason to upgrade from a 12 Pro to a 13 Pro?

My existing phone is 256GB. I have used 100GB.

Thanks.

Lwii2boo

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2020
Paris, France
I really don't get it.
If you are a light phone user with already a flagship 12 Pro and the size/battery/storage is good for you why even considering a new phone ? You coud keep it even for 2 more years easily.

Upgrade just for the sake of upgrade is a waste of time and money.
The only good stuff is the adaptative 120Hz, everything else is extremelly incremental.

Do you upgrade your car annualy as a light car user ? Yeah right, it's simply not worth your time/money.

Keep your hard earned money for stuff you will 100% benefit from not such tiny upgrades.

Last edited:

EastHillWill

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2020
Boise, ID
No one can answer that for you, but I did the same thing and don't regret it. (Helps that it didn't cost me much after trade and carrier incentive.) For me, 11 Pro -> 12 Pro -> 13 Pro have all been very modest upgrades, and folks still on the 11 Pro haven't missed much.

The battery life is certainly better. My 12 Pro often needed a boost to get through the day, while my 13 Pro has been ending the day in the 20-30% range.

Reactions: UnjustifiedBot

Selmir

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2012
Sweden
I was going to have 12 Pro Max last year, but, since the phone had only 60 Hz that was the final deal breaker for me. Don't really cared that some people didn't got bothered by that, but I was. And I'm buying a phone to be with for at least three years - not a couple of months.

saudor

macrumors 68000
Jul 18, 2011
I really don't get it.
If you are a light phone user with already a flagship 12 Pro and the size/battery/storage is good for you why even considering a new phone ? You coud keep it even for 2 more years easily.

Upgrade just for the sake of upgrade is a waste of time and money.
The only good stuff is the adaptative 120Hz, everything else is extremelly incremental.

Do you upgrade your car annualy as a light car user ? Yeah right, it's simply not worth your time/money.

Keep your hard earned money for stuff you will 100% benefit from not such tiny upgrades.
Some people simply need to have the best of the best every year or they start feeling inferior/unaccomplished for some reason.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Only you can answer to that question but I don't t think it's really an upgrade from 12 pro to 13 pro just for battery and other things.

Plus you did mention you are a light user. In that situation, I would just hold on and not upgrade this year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.