Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yogosans14

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina
My iPhone 13 is almost paid off for, I have the option to either keep it for as long as possible or trade it into T-Mobile and get the 15. Having a cheaper phone bill would be nice but I feel like the 15 is a decent with the dynamic island and usb-c.

Any 13 users here upgrading? Why or why not?

advan031

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2008
I keep going back and forth but the Verizon trade in deal wasn't appealing enough for me to upgrade.

wohstihsyrot

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2022
Nope. Keeping the 13 mini for now, because it's unobtrusively small and light and I think I'd regret the extra spend for a few good but non-essential improvements once the novelty/honeymoon wears off.

Each to their own though, some need to upgrade while others simply want to and others again know they're going to have to at some point but are postponing the expense.

okkibs

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2022
Unless you absolutely want USB-C the 14 Pro will be better, the 15 is just a downgraded 14 Pro with USB-C. Or the 15 Pro would be a decent upgrade since the hardware is newer. Don't really see the iPhone 15 as a worthwhile upgrade to the 13, I wouldn't wanna double or triple the monthly bill just for the "dynamic island" and USB-C.

I'd keep the 13 and either skip this year's iPhones entirely or get a 15 Pro in a year when prices drop a fair amount. If you can't wait at least with a 14 Pro you'd get a better quality housing, the 120Hz display, better battery life, an additional camera... makes it overall a much more noticeable upgrade.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
If you are not desperate to upgrade. Sit on the sidelines for a couple of weeks. Try the 15 in the store and watch a couple of in-depth reviews and then decide.

I’m upgrading from 13 mini because I want to rid myself of lightening, will utilise many of the USB3 features and need improved battery life.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Isn’t the iPhone 15 pretty much free with trade in of iPhone 11 and newer? Just need to pay tax and activation fee?

gary77

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2017
London England
I’m sure you've already done this but compare both models on Apples website and see if it’s worth justifying for me there’s little reason to upgrade my 13 does everything need it to do plus still has a few years worth of iOS support

Comes down to what you want for me the upgrades hardly seem worth it these days

fdw777

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
My iPhone 13 is almost paid off for, I have the option to either keep it for as long as possible or trade it into T-Mobile and get the 15. Having a cheaper phone bill would be nice but I feel like the 15 is a decent with the dynamic island and usb-c.

Any 13 users here upgrading? Why or why not?
Yes. Im going from 12PM to 15PM

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.