Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

do1984

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2012
Hey guys. I'm having problems with some Logitech accessories (on Mac). Some of them just don't work as intended. I've bought the MX Master 3s mouse and I've returned it because it was impossible to use (on mac). It was choppy, jumpy. I've tried everything until I've given up. That mouse worked like a charm in a Windows laptop I have. Now, I'm having really bad problems with my Logitech Vibe 100 headset. After a few minutes in a call, I start having terrible cracking noises on the headset (I head the cracks, the people in the meet don't). I have to turn off/on bluetooth to solve the issue. That happens every day. And that doesn't happen in a Windows Laptop. I've been using the same headset on Windows for 2 weeks, and that weird issue never happened. I confess it's getting difficult to buy mac accessories. Since Logitech is the main brand of this type of accessories, there is not much of a choice. In my experience, it's been unusable. I've tried to remove all the bluetooth prefs, restart the modules, etc. I just can't get it to work properly, while on my cheat Samsung laptop it works like a charm. So I've been avoiding to use my Mac since I have to use my handset on a daily basis. About the mouse I solved buying a cheap M1 Satechi Mouse.
Did anyone ever experienced something like that?

vanc

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2007
I have one MX Master 3, and one MX Master 3s. Both work fine with my MBP 16" with M1 Pro. I only use the dongles. Perhaps that's the difference.

If you see choppy cursor movement, a solution is to press the device switch button on the back of the mouse and cycle back to the one you currently using. A few months back, I did see similar issue, and that solved it. But such problem was super rare for me in the last 2 years.

1712798458605.png

do1984

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2012
I have one MX Master 3, and one MX Master 3s. Both work fine with my MBP 16" with M1 Pro. I only use the dongles. Perhaps that's the difference.

If you see choppy cursor movement, a solution is to press the device switch button on the back of the mouse and cycle back to the one you currently using. A few months back, I did see similar issue, and that solved it. But such problem was super rare for me in the last 2 years.
I remembered I've tried that back in the time. Researching online I've found dozens of people with the same problem. Apparently MacOS has bluetooth problems when using 3+ devices at once, mostly if one of them is a headphone (mic and speakers at the same time). I don't know if it's the bandwidth or what. I thought about interference. But if that was the case, my Samsung Windows laptop would also suffer. If you so a search on Google with "mac bluetooth 3 devices" you can find a lot of people with the same problems. So, based on what I've read, there is no solution but using less bluetooth devices or switching to PCs. Well, thanks for trying to help.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Use the Logitech "unifying receiver".
Put it on the end of a "USB extension cable" like this:
(numerous items shown)

Then, "swing around" the "receiver end" so that it's closer to your Logitech devices.

A low cost work-around, and I predict that it will SOLVE your connection problems.

Reactions: Alameda
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.