Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
That's literally how advertising on the internet has worked for the past 20 years.
I understand what your saying and why, but that was not what I was referring to given that ad stuff merely does things based on stats alone.

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
In many ways an AI article might be a better article as our personal preferences and tendencies “color” the language we use in writing about something. If the AI does not try to mimic these human tendencies, news articles may be more balanced in the end.

On Macrumors a tainted free AI article on an iPhone may not quite come out as many here would like… 🤣

I’m not crazy about developing AI in our world. We may not have a human vs. AI war in the future, but more like humans relegated to life in shanty towns or worshiping and praying to an AI as there is no reason to have more than one. More than one AI is a human biological tendency.

Good times ahead! 😬

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
In many ways an AI article might be a better article as our personal preferences and tendencies “color” the language we use in writing about something. If the AI does not try to mimic these human tendencies, news articles may be more balanced in the end.

On Macrumors a tainted free AI article on an iPhone may not quite come out as many here would like… 🤣

I’m not crazy about developing AI in our world. We may not have a human vs. AI war in the future, but more like humans relegated to life in shanty towns or worshiping and praying to an AI as there is no reason to have more than one. More than one AI is a human biological tendency.

Good times ahead! 😬
Sounds logical but alas, AI in some instances would select sources of information to work with and those sources may show bias or influence including stats which may be skewed.

jzuena

macrumors 65816
Feb 21, 2007

Good times ahead! 😬
That's not how AI works, though. It needs to be trained on existing data and if that data set has tendencies then the AI output will have the same tendencies because that is what it learned.

k27

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2018
Europe
AI probably would not have forgotten such an important feature as AV1 decoding...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.