Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gundam

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
I have set up 3 different accounts in mail, all enabled. Everything has been fine, yet lately it seems not to check all three when I click "Get Mail". The status indicator shows it's checking a server for one of the accounts, but the process ends after that. When i logged into webmail for another of the accounts, I saw that I had new mail that wasn't downloaded by Mail,
What's the deal?

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
The same here...

It's been the same thing with my 5 accounts and to get my mail, I always have to click on the "IN" for all of the accounts and that way I get what I want, otherwise, I get only mail for one specific account. Hope to help you and hope to get more options to better that.

ronsky

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2003
Cologne
Hi,

if you're using X just open terminal and type
sudo tcpdump
Password:<your root passwd>

then klick the recieve button in mail and you should see quite a few lines of packets which should look like this

172.20.10.100 4321>mail.yourprovider.com

the first ip-adress is that of your computer, the mail.provider.com is that of your mailaccount, eg mail1.mailserver.org
if you see all of your mailservers listed, then you probably are checking mails on all of them.

Sorry if this a bit technical, if you still need a hint, post a reply.

ron

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
If you look at the mailboxes for all your accounts, those which aren't working should be grayed out.

Also, in the menu, under Mailbox, there may be a way to get new mail for a specific account. I can't be more specific, because I only use one account now and I don't see the feature listed. But back when I used Jaguar (I am using Panther now), I had two email accounts and I remember some menu command like Get New Mail that had an arrow next to it. Highlighting the command would cause a pullout menu to appear where I could select a specific email account to check. If there was a problem with that account, I would get a popup message telling me so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.