Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

youradhere4222

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 16, 2007
I'm pretty conservative when it comes to notifications, location services, brightness, etc. and I'm usually able to get anywhere from 7-8 hours out of my battery every day. But ever since I've been using Mailbox, I'm lucky if I get 4.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm on 6.1.2.

~Ks383~

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
u mean the mail app that comes default on the phone?

More specifics as to what you mean by "mailbox" ?

They mean the app in the App Store named Mailbox.

dapu4e6a.jpg

~Ks383~

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
I have not noticed a decrease in battery life either. Then again, my phone is jailbroken so if I was to notice a decrease in battery life (which I have not) I would not necessarily attribute it to an App Store app. I would be much more likely to attribute it to a tweak that I had installed.

ParagJain

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
and i was thinking it was skype..oh dear..anyhow, removed both mailbox and skype..hope now the battery life is better

CosmicDice

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2011
Yes, I notice. I also didn't like it because you had to wait for the mail to load everytime you opened it.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Battery's life fine here for me. Though I notice that for my iphone, battery drains pretty slowly up to 50%, then seems to decrease at an accelerated rate once below that.

Not sure if it is a quirk of my battery or some rogue app? :confused:

AppleCore77

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2012
I downloaded it and waited for around 20,000 people to go by and noticed that my battery was depleting faster. I had to wait for another 55,000 or so people so I deleted it and my battery has been lasting longer. It was last week when I deleted it.

gpsouza

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2012
Lisbon
I've been using this app and I was waiting for an excuse to remove it. There it is :)

This app is SOOOOOOO overrated, it's pretty bad actually. I'll stick with gmail app.

Sunspark

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2011
I haven't noticed any problems with battery and this app.

The app isn't overrated. It's actually very good because it forces you to address dealing with your email. Inbox keeps the badge counter even if you've read it. You can reschedule it for later and then the counter will decrement. Then it'll come back when you're ready. This is better than letting it all sit in a big pile and trying to remember if there's something you need to get to sometime. It's not meant to be a power-client but rather a productivity tool.

RedVirus

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2012
I also deleted the app yesterday after seeing a significant decrease in the battery life. The App is just over-rated with the waiting system in place and the hype built around it.

cmeisenzahl

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2005
I've been absolutely loving this app. An I haven't noticed any obvious battery issues from it.

Do you have the alerts turned on for new messages by any chance? I have that off.

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2008
I have alerts turned on and my battery doesn't seem any worse than usual..gets me through a whole day, same as always :)

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
Something's been hosing my battery the last few months, and I think I may have narrowed it down to Mailbox... I love the app so I really hope I'm wrong!

TheAppleSource

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
United Kingdom
I've not noticed any battery life changes since installing Mailbox. As someone alluded to earlier in the thread, if you have push notifications on for multiple email clients then your battery life will likely decrease.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.