Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

winik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2021
Is Monterey 12.1 update the last update for mid 2015 MacBook Pro? Because after updating to Monterey 12.1 I received:

Legacy System Software: Existing software on your system loaded a system extension signed by "Oracle America, Inc." which will be incompatible with a future version of macOS. Contact the developer for support.

winik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2021
Is Monterey 12.1 update the last update for mid 2015 MacBook Pro? Because after updating to Monterey 12.1 I received:

Legacy System Software: Existing software on your system loaded a system extension signed by "Oracle America, Inc." which will be incompatible with a future version of macOS. Contact the developer for support.
That would be good news, I’m not sure. That is the complete message/warning after installing newest OS.

Bodhitree

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2021
Netherlands
It’s just a warning that some software that you’ve installed has added a system extension which is going to be made incompatible when you install a future version of macOS. Could be inconvenient if the developer doesn’t update the extension, because something is going to stop working.

Reactions: winik

winik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2021
It’s just a warning that some software that you’ve installed has added a system extension which is going to be made incompatible when you install a future version of macOS. Could be inconvenient if the developer doesn’t update the extension, because something is going to stop working.
Okay, thanks. Happy Holliday

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.