Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

maverick786us

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2012
Columbus, GA
Last week I bought my Air Tag. The problem with this tag is it doesn't show the battery power in the app.
I bought Air Tag to locate my pet, who has this habit of sneaking through the open door and go out of the house.
Another issue is when I try to use precise location, it is unable to locate it, if my airtags are in other room, separated by concrete wall.

thumbnail_image_123650291.jpg

maverick786us

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2012
Columbus, GA
I thought it only provided a low battery warning/replace battery soon alert when the battery power was low.

I saw a couple of Videos on AirTags tips and tricks and it shows its battery level indicator (not the battery %) right here

Attachments

• download (4).jpg
    download (4).jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 71

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Another issue is when I try to use precise location, it is unable to locate it, if my airtags are in other room, separated by concrete wall.
Precise location requires a Bluetooth + ultrawideband connection, so if there‘s too much distance or material in between, it’ll ask you to keep moving around.

Reactions: maverick786us

maverick786us

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2012
Columbus, GA
Doubtful, sounds like it’s not getting the UWB signal. Try it without a concrete obstruction (like outside)
I bought this to track my cat. He has this habit of sneaking out of the house. In this urban jungle he loves to hide behind the concrete

transmaster

Contributor
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I thought I had defective Airtags. I replaced the batteries when the indicated they needed replacement and they did not work after I changed out the battery. 2 of them failed to work after I replaced the battery. Defective batteries? No it was the idiot replacing the batteries. I purchased CR2016 lithiums. The Airtag takes CR2032. Here is a bit of info for you. The battery number gives you some important information. The numbers on a CR coin battery tell you first the diameter, 20mm, than the thickness, in this case 3.2mm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.