Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jgrey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2020
I have been issues with my Iphone XR. My ex has previously used whatever means to access phones and devices. This is my 9th phone in 3 years.
He has never had physical access to this one. My phone has been acting up, however. One odd thing I have noticed is in an OTA update in which the analytics refer to s/bin and 5 different mounts, staged apps, logging system running as root, and mentions being connected to 2 other mac addresses other than mine.
Has lines of code such as "Skipping rose update as it does not appear to be supported. It should be. File a radar!" Apple doesn't file radars to itself, right?
I only use word, netflix and hulu. I delete them when I am not using them.I use icloud email and dont click on suspicious links. I have deleted all apple apps except ones like health and wallet which cant be deleted. I am running ios 13.4 but had this before and after update. It has lots of webkit errors but I dont use experimental features.
Would appreciate any insight anyone has. Apple support says this is all normal but i know it is not. Have seen many comments on here expressing beliefs that hacking ios is impossible, etc. so if you feel that way, I've heard it a million times, don't need to hear ? Just looking for insight and practical solution- resetting ios with new apple id and no log ins into previously used accounts has not worked in past. Have considered hiring ethical hacker but dont know where to find one.
Can provide screen shots if that would be helpful.
thanks in advance

Last edited:

1Icarus2

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2018
Are you sure you're talking about an iPhone here? iOS has never had anything to do with a "rose" update before. Also, you don't "root" an iPhone, you Jailbreak it.

Bottom line, your iPhone cannot be hacked or Jailbroken without Physical Access to it.

Jgrey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2020
It is definitely an iphone. i know the analytics don't make sense which is why i was hoping someone could offer a plausible explanation...no one else has ever had physical access to my phone. i bought the phone new.
i appreciate you agreeing it doesn't make sense since senior support adviser at apple had an explanation for all of it- which might have made sense to someone who knows nothing about apple or iphones but not to me.

Attachments

• 2EEF0FE8-A881-4F5F-B439-E1B356531373.png
    2EEF0FE8-A881-4F5F-B439-E1B356531373.png
    385.2 KB · Views: 444
  • 86D1ED3F-2C11-4250-9885-43C75782E146.png
    86D1ED3F-2C11-4250-9885-43C75782E146.png
    484.7 KB · Views: 348
  • 0BECEA46-1E3C-4323-B0B8-3CEDC1ED242F.png
    0BECEA46-1E3C-4323-B0B8-3CEDC1ED242F.png
    472.7 KB · Views: 335

PJ.

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2011
I have been issues with my Iphone XR. My ex has previously used whatever means to access phones and devices. This is my 9th phone in 3 years.
He has never had physical access to this one. My phone has been acting up, however. One odd thing I have noticed is in an OTA update in which the analytics refer to s/bin and 5 different mounts, staged apps, logging system running as root, and mentions being connected to 2 other mac addresses other than mine.
Has lines of code such as "Skipping rose update as it does not appear to be supported. It should be. File a radar!" Apple doesn't file radars to itself, right?
I only use word, netflix and hulu. I delete them when I am not using them.I use icloud email and dont click on suspicious links. I have deleted all apple apps except ones like health and wallet which cant be deleted. I am running ios 13.4 but had this before and after update. It has lots of webkit errors but I dont use experimental features.
Would appreciate any insight anyone has. Apple support says this is all normal but i know it is not. Have seen many comments on here expressing beliefs that hacking ios is impossible, etc. so if you feel that way, I've heard it a million times, don't need to hear Just looking for insight and practical solution- resetting ios with new apple id and no log ins into previously used accounts has not worked in past. Have considered hiring ethical hacker but dont know where to find one.
Can provide screen shots if that would be helpful.
thanks in advance

Nothing technical to add apart from I am fairly sure you would need the phone in your hand to Jailbreak it.

It is not surprising you are feeling how you are given your history. My wife has similar concerns about other things in life because of an ex so if anyone was to think you are silly for believing it then they need to walk a mile in your shoes and they would be the same I am sure. Will be praying that you feel safe and secure and they will become a distant memory. Take care :)

PJ

Capeto

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2015
A new version of iOS (13.5.1) just came out today that patches out currently known vulnerabilities that allow jailbreaking. If you want to be safe, update + restore your phone to this version.

As others have said, there is no known jailbreak that can be installed without physical access to your device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.