Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ronin73

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2021
None. AT&T change was flawless. I set my old phone with sim next to my new 14 Pro and elected the transfer service from old phone and in about 3 minutes it was done. Easy.

lat2801

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2015
I’m on my 2nd 14 pro max (1st one was stuck in an endless loop and was deemed a hardware failure) but both phones on att were a pain in the ass to go to esim. Had to call CS and reset on their end which let me to properly activate the phone.

Dovahkiing

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2013
ATT is the just worst

I use Mint Mobile (an MVNO on T Mobile) and just crazy to me that a cheapo MVNO has this stuff figured out better than a ‘big 3’ carrier charging people much more money.

Last edited:

YouGoGlenCocoa

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2013
‘Your story is much like mine. I went to the AT&T store the week before and they told me they could do nothing and that the transfer of data should work fine! I told the ATT person I would be seeing him next week when it did not work and I did! They has received the QR cards and they worked perfectly.

I hate going to the AT&T store as much as calling AT&T customer service. Service has degraded to the point the people do not know what they are doing and constantly have to seek help from their supervisor. Even the stores are greatly under manned and there is a hour wait to talk to anyone. Welcome to 2022 in America where no one wants to work!
I know exactly what you mean. Theres a big difference in not wanting to go to the store, and not wanting to go to the store because you know they dont know what to do.

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
Using AT&T esim for 1 year old 13pm. Friday night transferring esim from 13pm to 14pm took about 1 hour. Very annoying. I just left both phones next to each other. iCloud restore to new phone was done first and esim still wasn’t activated. A waited a few more minutes after dinner and it was done.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
Using AT&T esim for 1 year old 13pm. Friday night transferring esim from 13pm to 14pm took about 1 hour. Very annoying. I just left both phones next to each other. iCloud restore to new phone was done first and esim still wasn’t activated. A waited a few more minutes after dinner and it was done.
AT&T postpaid seemed to have gone well, AT&T Prepaid is what failed me. It could have been handled better.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2012
We travel to Bali/Indo a lot, e-sim ain't going to happen, hard enough getting SIM cards activated, they want photo with passport, all sorts of id, even imei no of your phone lol
and proof of residence plus police clearance 🤣

dborja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Northern California
I was having trouble activating my new T-Mobile phone because the setup screen was assuming that I still had the old phone (which I had already traded in at the Apple store). It kept on sending an activation PIN to the phone so I wasn't receiving it. I DM'ed with T-Mobile on Twitter this morning. The CSR asked for my EID and both IMEIs. The tricky part was she needed the activation PIN. Fortunately, we have two lines on the account so she had the PIN sent to the other line. Less than ten minutes later, the new phone chirped and let me know that T-Mobile had pushed an eSIM. A few screen taps later, my cell service was up and running.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.