Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tæylor

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2016
Island of sodor
ok, so yesterday, I saw one of my friends is using a iPad Air to take a line of kids in a panorama. The panorama thing was in the camera app. Can the iPad take panoramas? Thx

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I believe panorama requires the 8mp camera module.

The mini (if you're talking about the first mini, since you don't specify any number after) only has the 5mp camera module. Therefore can't.

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
My iPad Air 1 has a 5mp camera and it does have the pano mode in the stock camera app running iOS 9.2.1.
I'm not sure if the original Mini has a smaller, or different camera sensor or not....

masotime

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2012
San Jose, CA
According to this website, the iPad Air and iPad Mini 2 (and all models after that) support the panorama function.

Again, I'm still amazed that people are using ancient iPads like the iPad 2 and iPad mini.... "Planned obsolescence" my ass...

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Yes. I think the iPad Air 2 and mini 4 have the 42 mega pixel panoramas but the older iPads have it just at a lower pixel count. It's actually very useful for taking scenic panoramas. I used my air 2 to take some beautiful panoramas when I went to Corfu last year. It was able to capture the scenery a lot better than my iPhone 6 Plus simply because of the wider field of view.

Tæylor

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2016
Island of sodor
Yes. I think the iPad Air 2 and mini 4 have the 42 mega pixel panoramas but the older iPads have it just at a lower pixel count. It's actually very useful for taking scenic panoramas. I used my air 2 to take some beautiful panoramas when I went to Corfu last year. It was able to capture the scenery a lot better than my iPhone 6 Plus simply because of the wider field of view.
O great
I saw my friend kept trying to take a line of children in a panorama with a iPad Air!

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
According to this website, the iPad Air and iPad Mini 2 (and all models after that) support the panorama function.

Again, I'm still amazed that people are using ancient iPads like the iPad 2 and iPad mini.... "Planned obsolescence" my ass...

How about a first-generation iPad, purchased on Day 3 of availability? Yep, still going strong! Of course, no camera = no Pano, but I have my iPhone 6 for that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.