Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
With 70% of the photo being software-generated, there’s little need to worry about differences in recent iPhones cameras and how good their lense is Imo.

L92

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2022
Regular 15 sensor is bigger than 13 pro
It's a tiny bit bigger. Also the regular 15 has the UW camera of iPhone 11(!!!), meanwhile the 13 Pro has a much brighter UW lens, it also features the same 3x camera as the regular 15P.

So overall I would say the 13P still features a better camera set-up, altough you will get more detailed/better shots from solely the main camera of the 15.

Feature-wise I would say it's a tie.
You will get the new portrait mode, action mode, 4k cinematic mode on the 15.
The 13P on the other hand offers ProRaw, Macro, nightmode portraits, better zoom, 3x portraits/cinematic mode, lidar.

Reactions: Tsepz

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
Does anyone do this “upgrade” or plan to do it when the regular 15 becomes the cheapest iPhone in Apple Store after 2 years?

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
Does anyone do this “upgrade” or plan to do it when the regular 15 becomes the cheapest iPhone in Apple Store after 2 years?

I’ve upgraded from a 13 PM to a regular 15. Honestly, the 3x telephoto lens is not a necessity for my use. However, it could be very useful if you take a lot of portrait shots. The 3x lens would take a better portrait shot, having the subject’s proportion feeling balanced.

However, for my usage I appreciate the native 24MP output of images taken from the main lens more than any of the 13 PM camera features.

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
I’ve upgraded from a 13 PM to a regular 15. Honestly, the 3x telephoto lens is not a necessity for my use. However, it could be very useful if you take a lot of portrait shots. The 3x lens would take a better portrait shot, having the subject’s proportion feeling balanced.

However, for my usage I appreciate the native 24MP output of images taken from the main lens more than any of the 13 PM camera features.

I think the digital 3x of regular 15 is good enough, even the pro would use the main sensor crop to do 3x when not enough light anyway.

Reactions: Al Rukh

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
It's a tiny bit bigger. Also the regular 15 has the UW camera of iPhone 11(!!!), meanwhile the 13 Pro has a much brighter UW lens, it also features the same 3x camera as the regular 15P.

So overall I would say the 13P still features a better camera set-up, altough you will get more detailed/better shots from solely the main camera of the 15.

Feature-wise I would say it's a tie.
You will get the new portrait mode, action mode, 4k cinematic mode on the 15.
The 13P on the other hand offers ProRaw, Macro, nightmode portraits, better zoom, 3x portraits/cinematic mode, lidar.

I agree both have similar camera hardware specs. Well the camera AI of regular 15 is way better at night, I tested it with my friend and the 13 pro is just not even closed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.