Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ben1l

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 30, 2006
Here are a list of bugs/issues I can't understand about reminders...

-You can add but not delete reminders on the iphone
-In iCal you can't add to a list
-Changes to reminders made on the iPad/iCal do not sync at all to iPhone (yes reminder is on in iCloud prefs)

please feel free to add to this list.

Ben1l

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 30, 2006
Can we remove from the list? Because you can delete reminders on the iPhone. Open one up and press delete.
And yes, they sync to iCloud. Works fine here.

When I open a reminder on the IPHONE there is no delete option

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
Changes I make on the iPad are instantly reflected on the iPhone and vs vs

Dizzie20vt

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2009
the only annoyance with reminders I've found in my very limited usage is if you set it to remind you when you leave somewhere the GPS stays connected until the reminder is done.

I might be wrong with that one though and from my heavy use of run keeper know that when locked battery life isn't massively hit from a constant gps connection.

Ben1l

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 30, 2006

Attachments

• IMG_1009.PNG
    IMG_1009.PNG
    684.7 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_1010.PNG
    IMG_1010.PNG
    198.2 KB · Views: 231

Stotka

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2009
Can the ipad 2 reminders app do the location reminds? I cant find it. :(

Matthew Yohe

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2006
the only annoyance with reminders I've found in my very limited usage is if you set it to remind you when you leave somewhere the GPS stays connected until the reminder is done.

I might be wrong with that one though and from my heavy use of run keeper know that when locked battery life isn't massively hit from a constant gps connection.

It's not a constant connection. Apple isn't that dumb.

craig4568

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010
North Yorkshire
problems

The only problem im having with reminders its it seems to complete if you put it on a geotag i get no alert it just automatically goes to completed

to delete a reminder Ben 1

tap list on the top

tap reminder so it screen moves in from left

tap delete in red at bottom

simples

Stiksi

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2007
Is there really no Maps integration with Reminders? Every GPS location needs to be in my Address Book?

So if I would like to set a geofence to say, get milk from the store, like in Apple's examples, I would have to first find the store's address on google or manually approximate it in Maps, then create a new contact with that address, then add a reminder and look up that contact from my address book? Or I would have to actually be at the store, which kind of defeats the purpose…

Wow, way to stick it to post-its, Apple.

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011
I'm using Reminders on iPad 2 so exactly how you do this might differ on the iPhone. However:

At minimum you will always have a "Completed" list and one list of uncompleted tasks with a name of your choosing.

If you tap on "Edit" when you have only one uncompleted list, you can rename it.

If you tap on "Edit" when you have more than one list, you can rename and reorder them, or delete all but one of them.

TheSuperSteve

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2011
Puerto Rico
Here are a list of bugs/issues I can't understand about reminders...

-You can add but not delete reminders on the iphone
-In iCal you can't add to a list
-Changes to reminders made on the iPad/iCal do not sync at all to iPhone (yes reminder is on in iCloud prefs)

please feel free to add to this list.

All the more reason why i'm sticking with Wunderlist.

Matthew Yohe

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2006
So how does the device know when you leave if the GPS isn't on all the time?

Special hardware tied to the cellular modem. Since your phone is frequently talking to cell towers, the device can judge when you've moved within a certain area, all without having to turn on gps.

MiataMac

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2008
So how does the device know when you leave if the GPS isn't on all the time?

Wifi networks, cell-phone towers etc. Then when it's needed, it will switch on GPS to get a more accurate lock, but I believe the GPS will stay off for most of the time as long as you stay within the same wifi networks or the same cellphone tower even, perhaps.

eNJayBe

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2011
Disappointing but probably not worst

I'm having problems on an iPad2 with reminders freezing when picking a day. I have to quit it from the dock to get it working again.

The range of options for repeat is also missing a few options I'd like, e.g. every x weeks, x months or first working day of the month.

NWI73

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
To test, I set a geo fenced reminder and my gps has a constant connection. Hopefully it doesn't kill my battery.

jwc1962

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2015
I couldn't agree more. You guys defending that crap have no idea! A reminders app that you have to LEARN how to use? It's 2015! Utter garbage ... 100% anti-intuitive.

dennyhayes

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2009
Most of Apple Apps are total garbage. It’s as if they spend as little as possible and then market the hell out of it. I’ve spent years designing databases with way more capability than most apps you see, as I add as many features as I can think of. That is not the way to make money, obviously.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.