Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LogicallyHank

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2016
Shanghai, NJ, & NY
I'm concerned about the reports regarding Windows blowing out the speakers of new MacBook Pros. However, I noticed in an update that Apple claims to have resolved this. Has this issue truly been resolved?

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
Officialy - they are resolved. Apple claims the issue has been fixed. However, I'm still scared to install Bootcamp and will probably wait a few months before I even consider it. But that's just me being paranoid, it should be fine now.

Jaekae

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2012
it was solved 23rd november, i got mine 28th and had bootcamp on it with no problems for some weeks, but my macos never worked good. Had to do clean reinstalls of sierra 5 times and now it finally seem to work like it should. But still afraid get more crazy graphic bugs

Reactions: LogicallyHank

uzairahmed101

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2015
I have my ssd ready for windows 10 bootcamp but just afraid if it will damage the speakers or some other thing...i know apple has made the official statement released the drivers and so on but still paranoid

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
I have my ssd ready for windows 10 bootcamp but just afraid if it will damage the speakers or some other thing...i know apple has made the official statement released the drivers and so on but still paranoid

Same.

With that said, it does seem that people are using bootcamp without issues now.

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
I am thinking about jumping the gun...maybe tomorrow i will attempt to run it on bootcamp and update if the issues are resolved

Should be fine, but it's understandable to be hesitant. If you do try it, I'm looking forward to reading your (hopefully positive) experiences.

uzairahmed101

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2015
Should be fine, but it's understandable to be hesitant. If you do try it, I'm looking forward to reading your (hopefully positive) experiences.

Hay there just wanted to update...I installed bootcamp last night and it worked fine i just took some precautions like plugging in the headphones from the very beginning untill i made sure the latest audio drivers were installed etc and so far so good

uzairahmed101

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2015
Love the samsung T3 running bootcamp off it

16a18359d4d72daac408db837b78f89b.jpg

Crowdx44

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2017
California
So I am also thinking about running bootcamp off an SSD in a static setup, only using OSX when travelling. Is anyone else doing this? My other option would be to return my 500gb Macbook and get a replacement with a 1tb SSD and split that between the two OS.
Thoughts?

uzairahmed101

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2015
So I am also thinking about running bootcamp off an SSD in a static setup, only using OSX when travelling. Is anyone else doing this? My other option would be to return my 500gb Macbook and get a replacement with a 1tb SSD and split that between the two OS.
Thoughts?

I am running bootcamp off the ssd and it works really well...in my experience T3 has been good enough

an3s

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2016
Anybody who knows of a good tutorial to install bootcamp on an external ssd?

uzairahmed101

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2015
@an3s @crowdz44 i agree the lon.tv guide is simple and works great I followed the same guide to the letter and it worked like a charm...however just to be a little cautious do plug in the earphones while you're installing bootcamp for the first time till the drivers are installed and all.

Reactions: an3s
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.