Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

otech

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
Australia
Hi guys,

Have noticed recently that while airplaying from the Youtube app - the moment the phone sleeps the stream stops.

Definitely don't recall this being the norm in builds gone by - is this happening to anyone else or have I got a noob setting wrong?

Cheers!

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Just checked using the YouTube app, atv3, 4S, iOS 7.1.1.

It worked just fine. I can lock/sleep the phone or let it time out sleep and YouTube continues to play.

I'd first try resetting the iPhone (home + power until you see the Apple logo) and ATV (menu + down until the LED flashes rapidly).

neutralmilk

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2008
I started getting this too. I pulled the ethernet cable and power cable out of my apple tv 2 and put em back in. Force quit all the apps in my iphone 5s then powered it down and powered back up. Works fine now.

adn rcd dly

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I wonder if it has anything to do with the YouTube app update. I noticed if I play one video it will start a playlist even if I'm not in one. Is there a decent 3rd party YouTube app? All the ones I have seen look sketchy and have low ratings.

hkarina213

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
I think I found a solution

I Was having this problem with my iPad. The movie stops when playing on the apple tv every time the iPad goes to sleep. Well after the movie stops the first time don't touch the iPad use the apple tv control and press the play/pause button and the movie will start and wont stop again and the iPad is still on sleep mode, I even could use the iPad to do other things and the movie will keep playing on the tv Like in the old days.
Hope it helps

Adam157

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2015
hi I was having the same problem as everybody else but seem to have found a work around when streaming to Apple TV 3. When you stream what ever and it comes up saying playing on Apple TV press the 2 arrows pointing at each other in the bottom right corner it will pause the movie then press play on your Apple TV remote it will start playing again on a smaller screen press the home button stay on home for about 10 seconds then lock your iPhone bit a pain to have to go through this route but better than keeping your phone on all of the time hope this works for everyone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.