Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattoligy

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2010
Cloud 9
This bothers me way more than it should! It is completely redundant now that spotlight is accessible via the search bar at the top of the today view! On iOS 10 I would go further still and say it looks outdated! Why does one need duplicate search areas and an iOS 9 styled Siri Suggested Apps bar etc when it is all accessible from today view in the new iOS 10 style? I try to forget it's there but it's like an itch you can't scratch when you are OCD prone lol :p

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England

Attachments

• IMG_0903.PNG
    IMG_0903.PNG
    614.6 KB · Views: 215

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2010
This bothers me way more than it should! It is completely redundant now that spotlight is accessible via the search bar at the top of the today view! On iOS 10 I would go further still and say it looks outdated! Why does one need duplicate search areas and an iOS 9 styled Siri Suggested Apps bar etc when it is all accessible from today view in the new iOS 10 style? I try to forget it's there but it's like an itch you can't scratch when you are OCD prone lol :p

It's search from any home screen, not redundant. Easier then pressing the home button to take you back to the front page and then sliding left and then searching.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.