Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M1 Mac Book Pro or Windows Device

• Total voters

Apple_Fanatic_777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2021
There is a place where I can get an M1 Mac Book Pro with 16GB Ram, and 512GB storage for $1,299.00. Or I can get a Windows Device with an RTX 3050, AMD Ryzen 7, 16GB Ram, 512GB Storage with a 15.6in 144fps display for $1,099. AS a die-hard Apple Sheep that likes to game. Should I get the Mac, or the Windows device.

Toutou

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2015
Prague, Czech Republic
You didn't provide enough info.
Is this supposed to be your main gaming machine? In that case the Mac is out of the question, as Apple Silicon Macs can't run x86 games natively, only through Rosetta 2 (Mac games), a translation layer that brings a certain performance penalty, or x86 emulation inside a Windows for ARM VM (Windows games) where the performance penalty is even higher (also the setup is not supported in any way by anyone).

If you're looking for a general purpose machine with some light, casual gaming on the side, sure, the M1 is okay. I play some Euro Truck Simulator 2, Liftoff and Factorio on my Air. But in that case maybe the Air would suit you more, and you can get one for even less than the 13" Pro.

Apple_Fanatic_777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2021
You didn't provide enough info.
Is this supposed to be your main gaming machine? In that case the Mac is out of the question, as Apple Silicon Macs can't run x86 games natively, only through Rosetta 2 (Mac games), a translation layer that brings a certain performance penalty, or x86 emulation inside a Windows for ARM VM (Windows games) where the performance penalty is even higher (also the setup is not supported in any way by anyone).

If you're looking for a general purpose machine with some light, casual gaming on the side, sure, the M1 is okay. I play some Euro Truck Simulator 2, Liftoff and Factorio on my Air. But in that case maybe the Air would suit you more, and you can get one for even less than the 13" Pro.
I would use it more casually with some amount of gaming. For that I have an XBox

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.