Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macjonny1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
I'm in the market for a new mac, and I really really want the big screen. My concern is that it will go in an office in a home with more traditional type furniture and I'm wondering if it is so big that it will be way out of place. I'm also wondering if I'm going to get it and my spouse will freak at the size. No apple stores nearby...

Are any of you really suprised at the size when you got it? And do any of you wish you would have gotten the smaller one (or your spouse?).

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
A big mac is never out of place.

Unless it's from McDonalds...then it is for sure out of place.

MacProGuy

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2006
macjonny1 said:
I'm in the market for a new mac, and I really really want the big screen. My concern is that it will go in an office in a home with more traditional type furniture and I'm wondering if it is so big that it will be way out of place. I'm also wondering if I'm going to get it and my spouse will freak at the size. No apple stores nearby...

Are any of you really suprised at the size when you got it? And do any of you wish you would have gotten the smaller one (or your spouse?).

I'm used to a 30" Cinema Display at Work... so... this was actually a step down :p

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
man, if my fiance brought home a 24" iMac, there'd be NO complaints from me..!

if your woman can't handle all that mac, you really ought to get rid of her, IMO. :p just kiddin' of course.

vansouza

macrumors 68000
Mar 28, 2006
West Plains, MO USA Earth
macjonny1 said:

Don't tell your wife but it is huge. Cut a cardboard to the demensions so you can see and not be taken by surprise. I love it, it is totally GREAT and it is huge...

carfac

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2006
I went and checked them out. I thought it was too big. I am quite happy with the 20. For me, just regular use, 24 would be a bit much. YMMV.

D

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
You can always wall-mount the Mac to make it less obtrusive (buy the VESA kit plus a VESA wall mounter).

It's very hard to judge what would freak your spouse out though :)

foxbatkllr

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2006
I have a 20" and it is huge. I just couldn't imagine having the 24" iMac (or a 30" ACD for that matter!).

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Here's a simple rule of thumb for purchasing Macs and keeping the little lady in line. :eek:

For every pair of shoes she owns, you are allowed 1" of screen size. Chances are, you're due a 60" bad boy but alas, one is not available from Apple.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
dcv said:
How about boots? Do they still only count as 1"?

Let's go over this again. Ankle high boots count as 1". Between the ankle and knee counts as 3". Thigh high hooker boots, you get 2 Macs. :D

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
rdowns said:
Let's go over this again. Ankle high boots count as 1". Between the ankle and knee counts as 3". Thigh high hooker boots, you get 2 Macs. :D

I need a spouse :D

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
mpw said:
Checks dcv's profile....three Macs listed!!

Duh, she has 2 pairs of the thigh highs. She'll be ordering a 24" iMac any day now. Please do try and follow along. :D

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
mpw said:
Checks dcv's profile....three Macs listed!!

They're all too small... I've got my eye on the big bad boy ;) :D

rdowns said:
Duh, she has 2 pairs of the thigh highs. She'll be ordering a 24" iMac any day now. Please do try and follow along. :D
ron_wink.gif

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
rdowns said:
You want me to follow dcv around while she wears thigh high boots? OK:D

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Not sure if I prefer her in red or black.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 1,099
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.