Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kaikidan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2017
I'm hugelly interested on the external drive support from IOS 13 as probably I will travel this weekend to a place witch crap signal, no wifi, and a 64gb 11" pro, is the beta 3 stable enough to be usable as 2 semeed to be quite problematic? or is it still very buggy?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
You should not expect stable iOS during a beta. And you have to be the one answering this question.

For me I think the iOS 13 is ok both on iPhone and on iPad. A couple random bugs but that’s it.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Its funny, but i've always found the third beta to be more unstable then the second or even first. I have no scientific evidence, just my imperfect observations.

Reactions: cryptonator

gnomeisland

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2008
New York, NY
I'm hugelly interested on the external drive support from IOS 13 as probably I will travel this weekend to a place witch crap signal, no wifi, and a 64gb 11" pro, is the beta 3 stable enough to be usable as 2 semeed to be quite problematic? or is it still very buggy?
While others seems to have no problem, the files app in latest beta is broken for me. It is more stable but still locks ups/won't copy RAW files to or from my Sony cameras or even list directories with large numbers of files. It works enough to get a sense of the functionality, which is great, but I can't rely on it or recommend that others do so.

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
Its funny, but i've always found the third beta to be more unstable then the second or even first. I have no scientific evidence, just my imperfect observations.

Seems to be the trend for Apple, whether intended or not.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
I’m unable to use USB drives or mice with beta 3; it seems anything USB related is broken in beta 3 - on a 10.5” Pro - think USB-C iPads work still in current beta

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I’m unable to use USB drives or mice with beta 3; it seems anything USB related is broken in beta 3 - on a 10.5” Pro - think USB-C iPads work still in current beta
No. USB anything is practically broken in beta 3. Looks like Apple has disabled USB features somehow. Now it is back to beta 1 Level, or worse.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
While I personally can't share my experience with beta 3 (I have a 7 plus), I have read that people have had very mixed results. For some people it's better than beta 2 and for others it's worst than beta 2.

cryptonator

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2015

I’ve felt the same way. It might be that the bugs that are present in the 3rd betas affect my day to day usage more then the bugs in the 2nd betas.

In answering the OPs question, Beta 3 seems to be more or less on par with Beta 2. Bugs here and there, but that’s expected. Overall it’s running pretty well for a beta, and certainly no catastrophic random reboots or latency issues from my end.

But expectation is the most important thing. Go in with low expectations and expect that there will be issues and have a contingency, and you will have an enjoyable experience when things work out right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.